Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 39,955
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #41

    These steps / tests can be performed overnight:
    a) HD Tune full error scan
    b) Sea Tools for Windows long generic test
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #42

    As the title said: You cant boot into the second Windows and as @NavyLCDR said, your EFI System partition is corruped and you were unsuccessful to repair using bcdboot. You'll need to reformat this partition and rebuild the BCD.
    Do you have Macrium Rescue Disk ??? If not, install Macrium Reflect Free X64 and create one.
    Boot up the Macrium rescue disk then follow the steps shown.
    NOTE: I have done this with my current running Windows with Drive Letter C: and I:
    Your case would be Letter C: and F:

    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p1.jpg

    NOTE: ON this screen, the first command is missing (Went off the screen).
    DiskpartCan't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p2.jpg

    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p3.jpg
    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p4.jpg
    Last edited by topgundcp; 27 Mar 2021 at 15:37.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 86
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #43

    topgundcp said:
    As the title said: You cant boot into the second Windows and as @NavyLCDR said, your EFI System partition is corruped and you were unsuccessful to repair using bcdboot. You'll need to reformat this partition and rebuild the BCD.
    Do you have Macrium Rescue Disk ??? If not, install Macrium Reflect Free X64 and create one.
    Boot up the Macrium rescue disk then follow the steps shown.
    NOTE: I have done this with my current running Windows with Drive Letter C: and I:
    Your case would be Letter C: and F:

    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p1.jpg

    NOTE: ON this screen, the first command is missing (Went off the screen).
    DiskpartCan't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p2.jpg

    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p3.jpg
    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition-p4.jpg
    I have the Macrium Rescue Disk and have run the repair on both drives as you have illustrated. It couldn't repair the faulty drive.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,959
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #44

    Brentg said:
    I have the Macrium Rescue Disk and have run the repair on both drives as you have illustrated. It couldn't repair the faulty drive.
    Did you boot the Macrium Rescue Disk as UEFI? If you boot it as Legacy it can't repair the drive as the drive is UEFI-GPT.
    - Insert the drive into a USB port.
    - Start the computer and during POST launch the boot menu (F12?)
    - You will see two options for the USB drive. USB UEFI (Name) and USB (Name). Select USB UEFI (Name).
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #45

    I have the Macrium Rescue Disk and have run the repair on both drives as you have illustrated. It couldn't repair the faulty drive.
    1. Did you boot the Rescue disk in UEFI mode as mentioned obove ?
    2. Did you RE-Format the EFI System partition ?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 39,955
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #46

    Brentg said:
    I have the Macrium Rescue Disk and have run the repair on both drives as you have illustrated. It couldn't repair the faulty drive.
    When available please post the results from each HD Tune and Sea Tools.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 86
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #47

    topgundcp said:
    1. Did you boot the Rescue disk in UEFI mode as mentioned obove ?
    2. Did you RE-Format the EFI System partition ?
    I booted using a Cd and it went straight to the Marcrium rescue disk and I recreated BCD for both partitions. I have not formatted anything yet, as I am holding out hope that I can save the partition and the data on it.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,959
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #48

    Brentg said:
    I booted using a Cd and it went straight to the Marcrium rescue disk and I recreated BCD for both partitions. I have not formatted anything yet, as I am holding out hope that I can save the partition and the data on it.
    Did you booted the CD as UEFI?
    If you boot it as Legacy it can't repair the drive as the drive is UEFI-GPT.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 86
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #49

    Megahertz said:
    Did you booted the CD as UEFI?
    If you boot it as Legacy it can't repair the drive as the drive is UEFI-GPT.
    I don't recall the CD asking me, but if it did, I would have known to select UEFI.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 39,955
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #50

    The logs displayed possible drive problems.

    The tests can be performed overnight.

    In case one of the drives is failing you can view some replacement options with the Crucial scanner:
    Crucial System Scanner
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums