Windows 11??

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 7,130
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #301

    ICIT2LOL said:
    That is exactly what I have got too Steve and the chances of getting a module is pretty slim if not impossible. As I said why they were not included as a preemptive feature on the board by the makers is a mystery to me so a thumbs down for Asus and any board brand that did the same. They must have known back then that the module would be something of a standard thing one day eh?
    Like you I found one Asus TPM on Amazon but it was only a 14-1 pin set up and I am not game to try it as I suppose it could brick the board.
    I wouldn't risk inserting that TPM unless you wish to endure the resulting pain
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #302

    T J said:
    watch 1 minute, starting at 22:50 ; Windows Weekly, Jun 9, 2021
    Organic Rounded Corners - Making sense of Windows 11 - YouTube
    It looks like I was the only prophet in this thread 4 months ago

    How could there be no Windows 11?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9,511
    Windows 10 Pro on all on various machines version 21H2 and running Window 11 on one desktop without
    Thread Starter
       #303

    Steve C said:
    I wouldn't risk inserting that TPM unless you wish to endure the resulting pain
    Yes Steve I have found the construction manual for the board and it is a 20-1 pin configuration and finding the TPM module for it is I think going to be impossible. So it looks like like you am going to be stuck with10 and then have to run 10 in an unsupported system unless we get some large cash injection to be able to buy a new desktop with one of these modules on board. Such a waste though eh?
    PS check your notifications mate
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,457
    Win 11 Pro 22000.708
       #304

    bobkn said:
    For reasons that are unclear to me, the Lenovo laptop is incompatible. It may be the CPU, which is an I3-6100U. Official Windows 11 requirements have arrived: Here are the compatible Qualcomm, AMD, and Intel CPUs | Windows Central May be the I3-6100U CPU. The compatibility list in the link starts with the 8th gen. No clue as to why. (The Intel HD 520 graphics in that CPU are supposed to be DX12, and the drivers are WDDM 2.1)
    Turns out that Win 11 currently only officially supports Intel Generation 8 CPUs and later. Bummer.

    The laptop otherwise supports all requirements, including TPM 2.0 (in firmware; no module).
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 18,242
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #305
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 56,114
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #306

    bobkn said:
    Turns out that Win 11 currently only officially supports Intel Generation 8 CPUs and later. Bummer.

    The laptop otherwise supports all requirements, including TPM 2.0 (in firmware; no module).
    Yeah, Bob. According to Redmond, anything under a Gen 8 is "unsuitable". I personally find that very hard to believe. I have installed cleanly and smoothly on a nice Gen 7. We'll see.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 9,511
    Windows 10 Pro on all on various machines version 21H2 and running Window 11 on one desktop without
    Thread Starter
       #307

    f14tomcat said:
    Yeah, Bob. According to Redmond, anything under a Gen 8 is "unsuitable". I personally find that very hard to believe. I have installed cleanly and smoothly on a nice Gen 7. We'll see.
    Well that's is good to know because I have my own build with an Ivy Bridge CPU (3rd Gen) and I have been searching for a TPM module for the board and so it turns out that even if I get a TPM module the CPU is not going to be compatible.
    Very annoying as the machine is crammed with a lot of good gear and works perfectly well - so much for me being loyal to Microsoft over the years eh?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,079
    10 + Linux
       #308

    zebal said:
    How could there be no Windows 11?
    Because fat of the old days has been removed.

    Bill Gate can rest in peace, Secure Boot is the new king.
    Last edited by MikeMecanic; 25 Jun 2021 at 20:40.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,655
    trying to install win10
       #309

    ICIT2LOL said:
    Well that's is good to know because I have my own build with an Ivy Bridge CPU (3rd Gen) and I have been searching for a TPM module for the board and so it turns out that even if I get a TPM module the CPU is not going to be compatible.
    Very annoying as the machine is crammed with a lot of good gear and works perfectly well - so much for me being loyal to Microsoft over the years eh?

    I just installed win11 fine on ivybridge without tpm module. The preview version of win11 , obvs, so unless something major changes, you will be fine.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 9,511
    Windows 10 Pro on all on various machines version 21H2 and running Window 11 on one desktop without
    Thread Starter
       #310

    SIW2 said:
    I just installed win11 fine on ivybridge without tpm module. The preview version of win11 , obvs, so unless something major changes, you will be fine.
    Thanks SIW2 I will try it when I get time even though the check told m that the machine was not suitable.
      My Computer


 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums