"Sleep" is shutting down pc.  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 29
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #21

    i've just run powercfg again and i have different resualts:
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.-aaa.jpg
    and it still refuses to sleep.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #22

    I wonder if it's related to the external drive. Disconnect everything else external other than keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 29
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #23

    steve108 said:
    I wonder if it's related to the external drive. Disconnect everything else external other than keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
    Thanks for your answer
    I cannot just disconnect the external drive beacuse the OS is installed on it.

    BTW: for more details about my special system setup look here:
    My unusual setup fails: 2 different NVMe system drives
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #24

    Yes, it was implied that the boot drive would remain connected
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #25

    I'm not familiar with external boot drive setup. Are you saying you couldn't get the PC to boot from any internal drive?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #26

    steve108 said:
    I'm not familiar with external boot drive setup. Are you saying you couldn't get the PC to boot from any internal drive?
    it IS possible to boot from internal drive. when i do so, i'm able to put pc into sleep. (but the installation on windows on the internal drive has different version (2004) while the version on the external drive is 20H2
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #27

    shadtal said:
    it IS possible to boot from internal drive. when i do so, i'm able to put pc into sleep. (but the installation on windows on the internal drive has different version (2004) while the version on the external drive is 20H2
    Okay, so apparently it's something to do with 20H2 or the external drive the - I suspect it's about booting from the external drive.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    i've jsut upgrated the internal drive to 20H2 and sleep is still possible there.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #29

    shadtal said:
    i've jsut upgrated the internal drive to 20H2 and sleep is still possible there.
    Very good. It must be some oddity about booting from an external drive that I can't explain then
    Last edited by steve108; 03 Mar 2021 at 18:48.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums