Tried to run File Explorer from pin on Taskbar and got error  


  1. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
       #1

    Tried to run File Explorer from pin on Taskbar and got error


    Just added a new local account with 20H2 and tried to run File Explorer from the pin on the Taskbar and got this:
    Tried to run File Explorer from pin on Taskbar and got error-explorer.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 514
    Windows 10
       #2

    Did you do what it says?
    "please install an app or if one is already installed"
    please install an app or if one is already installed - Google Search
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Did you read the link which the admin said to do a repair install? If the main account works, so should a new local, they both use the same OS.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,553
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2
       #4

    Browse to C:\Windows Right click Explorer and Pin to Taskbar
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #5

    spunk said:
    Browse to C:\Windows Right click Explorer and Pin to Taskbar
    That may work, but there is more, Win+E does not work either and the link in the Main Menu does not work either. Until I updated from 1909, everything would work, but since then, I see things that are not normal such as deleting/moving a file from the Desktop to the Recycle Bin and after emptying the Recycle Bin, the file shows back up on the Desktop with 0 bytes and cannot be deleted except by refreshing the Desktop.

    I have an Image of 1904 and I am about to roll back.
    Last edited by rdwray; 27 Feb 2021 at 06:40.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.844)
       #6

    file issues


    I had alot of those issues in lower versions of windows. I just Uppgraded to the new Windows 10 pro 21H1 build and as far as freezing, BSOD/GSOD, cursor or windows freezing, search issues etc, I have none of those issues anymore. 21H1 isnt a visual OMG or anything but under the hood alot of things are fixed that are broken in previous builds. Im just saying to upgrade and have No issues is better then having even 2 or 3 issues that your constantly spending hours looking for a fix. If the previous suggestions didnt help let us all here know ty.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #7

    imanalien said:
    I had alot of those issues in lower versions of windows. I just Uppgraded to the new Windows 10 pro 21H1 build and as far as freezing, BSOD/GSOD, cursor or windows freezing, search issues etc, I have none of those issues anymore. 21H1 isnt a visual OMG or anything but under the hood alot of things are fixed that are broken in previous builds. Im just saying to upgrade and have No issues is better then having even 2 or 3 issues that your constantly spending hours looking for a fix. If the previous suggestions didnt help let us all here know ty.
    I just rolled back to 1909 and going to work my way up and will keep updating, at this time, everything is working as it should.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My latest endeavor. After restoring the 1909 image and creating a local user that worked, Windows did a bunch of updates and after the updates, the same issue with File Explorer came back so I ran ran DISM online (see below) and it repaired the problem. Now before someone asks why I didn't run it before I created the local user, I did, but I did not do it on 20H2 on the new local user I created there and it may have solved the problem if I had; will get back tomorrow, right now I am going to create a new image of 1909 and then upgrade again to 20H2.

    Code:
    Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    So much for the problem being fixed. I delete the local user and recreated it and got the same problem again. Ran "
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it fixed the issue. End of story, no more data coming.
    Last edited by rdwray; 27 Feb 2021 at 17:45.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4,553
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2
       #8

    In addition to the DISM commands you should follow it up from an Elevated Command Prompt by typing
    SFC /scannow and pressing enter. If you get the message Windows Protection did not find any Integrity Violations, Then you are good to go and have no more corrupted or missing files.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #9

    spunk said:
    In addition to the DISM commands you should follow it up from an Elevated Command Prompt by typing
    SFC /scannow and pressing enter. If you get the message Windows Protection did not find any Integrity Violations, Then you are good to go and have no more corrupted or missing files.
    Tried that too, but the answer is: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-exp...hen-try-again/

    I think M$ is giving us IQ tests.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,621
    Windows 10 Home
       #10

    It would be better for us users if a millstone were hung around Windows, and Windows were thrown into the sea, than that Windows should offend one of us users any longer. -- borrowing from rdwray's wonderful signature :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums