The Pictures Folder Is Gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #1

    The Pictures Folder Is Gone.


    The latest windows update basically deleted my pictures folder and I want to know how to get it back, I have tried numerous software but all of them are demos and I don't want to have to pay millions of dollars or whatever in order to get it, please help.
      My Computer

  2. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 9,066
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19043.906 (x64) [21H1]
       #2

    @Monstermaster

    This registry file should bring the pictures folder back...
    Restore Pictures To This PC 64-bit.reg



    As for the pictures inside the folder...that depends on how they were deleted.
    Try Recuva.
    Recuva - Free Download
      My Computer

  3. idgat's Avatar
    Posts : 909
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    Monstermaster said:
    The latest windows update basically deleted my pictures folder and I want to know how to get it back, I have tried numerous software but all of them are demos and I don't want to have to pay millions of dollars or whatever in order to get it, please help.

    Have you done a search of your drive(s) for any image(s) (just pick one name and search; or just wildcard search *.jpg) to see if the folder has simply been moved.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    I have tried that and I don't think my computers has a windows.old folder.
      My Computer

  5. idgat's Avatar
    Posts : 909
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    Monstermaster said:
    I have tried that and I don't think my computers has a windows.old folder.
    Not necessarily related to Windows.old. Just do a search of your whole C:\ drive (and any other drive listed in Windows Explorer)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    idgat said:
    Not necessarily related to Windows.old. Just do a search of your whole C:\ drive (and any other drive listed in Windows Explorer)
    They are there..it's just I cannot recover them back to how they were.
      My Computer

  7. idgat's Avatar
    Posts : 909
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    Monstermaster said:
    They are there..it's just I cannot recover them back to how they were.
    They are where??

    Why can't you rcover them? What method(s) have you tried?

    If there are files there, surely they can be copied/pasted to a new location (prefereably to an exterenal storage, before you start tinkering with the recovery/moving the Pictures folder.


    You could try booting to a Linux distro USB and use that to recover the files.
      My Computer

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,617
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #8

    Are you sure you sure you're not being signed in with a temporary profile? That would fit the symptoms...

    Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Bree said:
    Are you sure you sure you're not being signed in with a temporary profile? That would fit the symptoms...

    Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10
    \

    I've always had the same profile.
      My Computer

  10. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,895
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #10

    The latest windows update
    Which exactly was that? (See your Update History).
    And for clarification, do you mean update or feature update (major build upgrade)?

    The forum prompted you thus (for good reason):
    The Pictures Folder Is Gone.-win-10-version.png

    Do you have a backup?

    Backing up is an essential strategy. Disks fail- things go wrong. Thanks.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums