How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 28
    Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #51

    Lord Method Man said:
    Pausing updates doesn't work and neither does requestsoverride.
    Pity I was about to try these options....

    steve108 said:
    After the PC has been awake for an hour or so, "powercfg /requests" eventually stops outputting that MoUsoCoreWorker will prevent sleep. I guess Microsoft changed something.
    That's exactly what I'm seeing but it's certainly longer than an hour. It's at least 2 hours but I think it's more like 4 hours & then it disappears.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,560
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3930
       #52

    BazzaG said:
    Pity I was about to try these options....
    I use requestsoverride successfully.

    See the link in post #9.

    Denis
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 294
    Windows 10 Home
       #53

    Used mngerhold's solution back in March. I am on version 21H1 now and the override request is still in tact and I have never noticed any issues from doing this. If M$ ever resolves the issue then I'll remove the override request.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,560
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3930
       #54

    Bazza,

    mcd is referring to the same solution that I mentioned, mngerhold's one.

    I have also been using that since it was first posted . It works and it has caused me no problems at all.

    Denis
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 28
    Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #55

    BazzaG said:
    It's at least 2 hours but I think it's more like 4 hours & then it disappears.
    FYI ... MoUsoCoreWorker.exe disappeared from the powercfg list approx. 2 hours after I switched the PC on this morning (local time).

    Regarding the requestsoverride option ... I'll look into that shortly.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #56

    BazzaG said:
    FYI ... MoUsoCoreWorker.exe disappeared from the powercfg list approx. 2 hours after I switched the PC on this morning (local time).

    Regarding the requestsoverride option ... I'll look into that shortly.
    Has your PC stopped sleeping when you expect it to then?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,607
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #57

    BazzaG said:
    I suspect MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is added when Windows does a scan for updates but I'm not 100% certain of that.
    I just ran powercfg /requests when WUMT was checking for updates, and nothing was added.
    Code:
    PS C:\Windows\system32> powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.
    
    SYSTEM:
    None.
    
    AWAYMODE:
    None.
    
    EXECUTION:
    None.
    
    PERFBOOST:
    None.
    
    ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

    I have never run powercfg /requestsoverride
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 28
    Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #58

    steve108 said:
    Has your PC stopped sleeping when you expect it to then?
    That depends...

    When MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is NOT running my PC sleeps as it should.

    I find that MoUsoCoreWorker.exe gets started once a day, generally after my PC has either been switched off or has been put to sleep overnight.

    In todays case, MoUsoCoreWorker.exe didn't bother me at all because I was continually using my PC for more than 2 hours after I switched it on.

    The behaviour of MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is a LOT different today compared to its behaviour back when I opened this thread a few months ago. Today, its much less a PITA as it was back then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Matthew Wai said:
    I just ran powercfg /requests when WUMT was checking for updates, and nothing was added.
    I think it has more to do with whether or not there are any outstanding updates.

    But as I said above, the behaviour of MoUsoCoreWorker.exe has changed a lot over the last few months.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,607
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #59

    BazzaG said:
    I think it has more to do with whether or not there are any outstanding updates.

    But as I said above, the behaviour of MoUsoCoreWorker.exe has changed a lot over the last few months.
    Have you hidden the outstanding updates, if any?
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe has never caused a problem at my end since 20H2 was clean installed last year.
    I don't even notice the existence of it. I have hidden a lot of outstanding updates.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 28
    Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #60

    Matthew Wai said:
    Have you hidden the outstanding updates, if any?
    Nope.

    Matthew Wai said:
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe has never caused a problem at my end since 20H2 was clean installed last year.
    I did a clean install of Win10 around October last year.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums