An operating system wasn't found

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OC Build 18363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #21

    zbook said:
    Going forward download and install the HP UEFI hardware diagnostics version 7.9.
    During the installation there will be two options.
    Both can be performed.
    Option one is to install on the computer. The computer can be Legacy / MBR or UEFI / GPT.
    The second is to install on a flash drive.
    The flash drive option will allow you to test multiple computers and consumes little space on the flash drive.
    The flash drive needs to be bootable.
    It should not format the flash drive.
    Then if you have any computer problems you can run the onboard UEFI hardware diagnostics via F2 or F10 or the bootable diagnostics via F2.

    If you launch the HP UEFI hardware diagnostics it has an extensive option.
    For the extensive option you can use loop until error.
    It could perform 1, 2, 3 or more runs overnight.
    Click esc the next day.
    Run any component tests as needed.


    https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/.../pc-diags.html
    Thanks for coming back and being a good sport. I actually used neither of the ones you mentioned but the HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY1 and the VISION DIAGNOSTICS, neither of which were correct. I didn't mean to do the wrong thing. I asked you which of the diagnostic tools to load up but didn't get an answer.

    This was not wilfullness but ignorance on my part. I am definitely going to do exactly as you suggest.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 18,044
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #22

    Hello @pxfragonard,

    pxfragonard said:
    Thanks for coming back and being a good sport. I actually used neither of the ones you mentioned but the HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY1 and the VISION DIAGNOSTICS, neither of which were correct. I didn't mean to do the wrong thing. I asked you which of the diagnostic tools to load up but didn't get an answer.

    This was not wilfullness but ignorance on my part. I am definitely going to do exactly as you suggest.

    In order to diagnose your issue, we ask you to run certain processes in order to give us an insight to what the possible cause of the problem is, and hopefully find out what it isn't. To this end, zbook will analyse the output for a resolution.

    I hope this helps.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OC Build 18363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #23

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @pxfragonard,
    [1] So at what stage are you actually at?
    [2] It sounds like the Macrium Image is corrupt and unusable, is that correct?
    [3] Run the following and post the results . . .

    > Post to Download DiskParInfo

    I hope this helps.
    Thanks for your concern, Paul. The stage I'm at is that I reinstalled Windows 10 successfully but am still wondering how a corrupt Macrium image destroyed by Operating System or at least made it unreachable.

    I'm going to run some HP diagnostics that zbook let me know about. Is the DiskParinfo step necessary? What does it accomplish?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 18,044
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #24

    Hello @pxfragonard,

    pxfragonard said:
    Thanks for your concern, Paul. The stage I'm at is that I reinstalled Windows 10 successfully but am still wondering how a corrupt Macrium image destroyed by Operating System or at least made it unreachable.

    I'm going to run some HP diagnostics that zbook let me know about. Is the DiskParinfo step necessary? What does it accomplish?

    If you have a working Clean Install, then maybe NOT, but I will let zbook confirm that.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 41,326
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #25

    The diskparinfo script runs commands to evaluate the layout of one or more computer drives.
    (disks, volumes, partitions, and the status of the Windows Recovery Environment RE)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OC Build 18363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #26

    I didn't get far


    zbook said:
    Going forward download and install the HP UEFI hardware diagnostics version 7.9.
    During the installation there will be two options.
    Both can be performed.
    Option one is to install on the computer. The computer can be Legacy / MBR or UEFI / GPT.
    The second is to install on a flash drive.
    The flash drive option will allow you to test multiple computers and consumes little space on the flash drive.
    The flash drive needs to be bootable.
    It should not format the flash drive.
    Then if you have any computer problems you can run the onboard UEFI hardware diagnostics via F2 or F10 or the bootable diagnostics via F2.

    If you launch the HP UEFI hardware diagnostics it has an extensive option.
    For the extensive option you can use loop until error.
    It could perform 1, 2, 3 or more runs overnight.
    Click esc the next day.
    Run any component tests as needed.


    https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/.../pc-diags.html
    I installed it on the hard drive and ran the application. One reason is that that's what HP recommend. The other thing was that I had trouble making a bootable drive. But anyway. All that happened when I started up and pressed F2 repeatedly, all I got was this.
    Attachment 319844
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 41,326
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #27

    Please repost the attachment

    Code:
    Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. 
    If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

    Where was the HP recommendation?

    For bootable drives:
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OC Build 18363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #28

    I thought I'd give it a try, Paul


    Paul Black said:
    Hello @pxfragonard,
    If you have a working Clean Install, then maybe NOT, but I will let zbook confirm that.
    I followed all the instructions and watched the video but I'm not getting a nice neat code box. Pressed number sign, pasted from the command prompt between the two [CODE]s but.... I'm very sorry.I hope you can decypher this. I've tried to clean it up to make it more readable.
    Code:
    ############################################################ The following commands will be run in sequence.         ## The first 5 will take quite a while to run, be patient. ############################################################sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannowchkdsk /scanwmic recoveros get autorebootwmic recoveros set autoreboot = falsewmic recoveros get autorebootwmic recoveros get DebugInfoTypewmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7wmic recoveros get DebugInfoTypewmic pagefile list /format:listwmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" get AutomaticManagedPagefilewmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" set AutomaticManagedPagefile=Truewmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" get AutomaticManagedPagefilebcdedit /enum {badmemory}
    C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan.  This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.19041.746Image Version: 10.0.19042.804[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.The operation completed successfully.
    
    C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.19041.746Image Version: 10.0.19042.804[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.
    C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan.  This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations
    C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...  410368 file records processed.File verification completed. Phase duration (File record verification): 4.19 seconds.  6492 large file records processed. Phase duration (Orphan file record recovery): 0.00 milliseconds.  0 bad file records processed. Phase duration (Bad file record checking): 0.52 milliseconds.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...  38636 reparse records processed.  541098 index entries processed.Index verification completed. Phase duration (Index verification): 11.73 seconds.  0 unindexed files scanned. Phase duration (Orphan reconnection): 434.62 milliseconds.  0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Phase duration (Orphan recovery to lost and found): 5.81 milliseconds.  38636 reparse records processed. Phase duration (Reparse point and Object ID verification): 154.36 milliseconds.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. Phase duration (Security descriptor verification): 183.81 milliseconds.  65366 data files processed. Phase duration (Data attribute verification): 1.04 milliseconds.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...  39689104 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed. Phase duration (USN journal verification): 224.93 milliseconds.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required. 487241431 KB total disk space.  44513204 KB in 212350 files.    145440 KB in 65367 indexes.    0 KB in bad sectors.    533947 KB in use by the system.     65536 KB occupied by the log file. 442048840 KB available on disk.      4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 121810357 total allocation units on disk. 110512210 allocation units available on disk.Total duration: 16.95 seconds (16955 ms).C:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros get autorebootAutoRebootFALSEC:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros set autoreboot = falseUpdating property(s) of '\\DESKTOP-8S0FU38\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Home|C:\\Windows|\\Device\\Harddisk0\\Partition3"'Property(s) update successful.C:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros get autorebootAutoRebootFALSE
    C:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros get DebugInfoTypeDebugInfoType7C:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7Updating property(s) of '\\DESKTOP-8S0FU38\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Home|C:\\Windows|\\Device\\Harddisk0\\Partition3"'Property(s) update successful
    C:\Windows\system32>wmic recoveros get DebugInfoTypeDebugInfoType7C:\Windows\system32>wmic pagefile list /format:listAllocatedBaseSize=1664CurrentUsage=94Description=C:\pagefile.sysInstallDate=20210219195649.402447-300Name=C:\pagefile.sysPeakUsage=177Status=TempPageFile=FALSEC:\Windows\system32>wmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" get AutomaticManagedPagefileAutomaticManagedPagefileTRUEC:\Windows\system32>wmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" set AutomaticManagedPagefile=TrueUpdating property(s) of '\\DESKTOP-8S0FU38\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_ComputerSystem.Name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38"'Property(s) update successful.C:\Windows\system32>wmic Computersystem where name="DESKTOP-8S0FU38" get AutomaticManagedPagefileAutomaticManagedPagefileTRUEC:\Windows\system32>bcdedit /enum {badmemory}RAM Defects-----------identifier              {badmemory}C:\Windows\system32>Echo off   ###################################################################################   #    How to capture batch file data and post in your thread in the BSOD forum     #   #                                                                                 #   #      Batch files and instructions for use in BSOD debugging[Part Two-Four]      #   #                                                                                 #   #        Press [V] to visit the above web page for detailed instructions.         #   #        Press [C] to close this window.                                          #   ###################################################################################Press any key to continue . . .
    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    Please repost the attachment

    Code:
    Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. 
    If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

    Where was the HP recommendation?

    For bootable drives:
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
    There was no HP recommendation. All I got was this... An operating system wasn't found-2021-02-21_0033.jpg
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 18,408
    Windows 11 Pro
       #29

    Just to confirm, @pxfragonard, your initial problem has been fixed?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 7,607
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #30

    pxfragonard said:
    Is the DiskParinfo step necessary? What does it accomplish?
    The step takes less than 20 seconds. "DiskParInfo.bat" will get information about storage devices.

    pxfragonard said:
    I'm very sorry.I hope you can decypher this. I've tried to clean it up to make it more readable.
    There is no need to say "sorry". You are not the first one and will definitely not be the last one.
    Jut run the following script and upload "Tuneup.log" from the desktop.
    Tuneup_plus_log
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums