I was trying to get some logical sense.
So in this case I cannot explain why some computers have this bug and other donīt
As I write in a different Ten forum post HERE, I don't have the beta version.
I also opened a forum thread in Microsoft forum as well in the Eset one and in Reddit.
I wrote to the Eset Customer Service and I'm waiting for an answer.
All the link are in the other Ten forum thread.
And for sure the problem is spreading to many people now.
I have same problem. Win 10 dont remember folder view setting. This is the most very annoying bug.
N using eset. Is it eset? My other pc also running eset, but no folder view problem.
Last edited by celixyz; 20 Sep 2015 at 19:24.
I just installed a fresh Windows 10 (Windows 10 X64 Enterprise Build 10240) from scratch in my desktop (where I previouly had the bug/problem):
So far everything ok:
- All updates ok, no antivirus installed (until all doubts are cleared about Eset Nod32), I am just using the default windows 10 windows defender.
I will came back to the forum and report if the bug returns.
I have same problem here , and I'm use eset smart security 8 too.
after I plug my flashdrive and one of my files indicated as a virus by eset, that probrems begining.
*) Sorry for bad english
Ooo..my problem of folder view also happened after eset nod AV (8.0.319.0) detected and quarantined the virus. Esetttt!!!
*Win 10 pro x64
I am using ESET Smart Security 8 (latest stable version).
The folder view problem showed after I restarted, no virus detected or anything.
It's probably not ESET's fault because I uninstalled it and the problem still exists.
I use windows 10 since one month ago , and since that time I always use ESET as anti virus and nothing something happen like now. I remember these problems occur started 4 days ago. what this may be caused by the last update virus signature database?
*) Sorry for bad english
I'm yet to find someone who is having folder view issue but haven't installed Eset. None found yet.
Thanks for looking for into this issue, even though you don't have it.
Previously there were three issues:
1. Folder view settings fails to save in registry under shell bags. Solution was to reset bags (clear all the entries and let windows create new entries).
2. Zeroaccess trojan. When infected, it used to break rearranging of desktop icons. Solution was to use roguekiller and when disinfected, the issue used to solve.
Now the new issue is might be similar but none of above helps. Details about the issue:
1. Desktop icons rearrange to default, after restarting system or explorer.exe.
2. "Auto arrange icons" gets ticked after restarting system or explorer.exe.
3. "Align icons to grid" gets unticked after restarting system or explorer.exe.
4. Desktop icons can be moved from default grid but when refresh is pressed, they jump back to default grid or rearrange. As if "Auto arrange icons" is enabled but its not. Though it does get enabled after restarting system or explorer.exe.
5. Folder icons view is set to Tiles view. View can be changed but returns to Tiles view after explorer is closed and reopened.
6. Same as above happens with folders/files sorting and columns setting.
and etc which I cannot remember now.
Last edited by CRACING; 21 Sep 2015 at 01:26.