I still have version 8.0.319.0 and after the update aof cleaner module to 113 I didn't have any problem.
I did the update to Cleaner 114 and that's all. Not yet update to the new version, but no problem at all with folder view.
The desktop aligned icons reverting problem is not strictly caused by ESET. I've never had ESET Nod32 and yet I have the desktop icon problem. I have only used Defender, Avast and AVG. Avast is what I'm currently using. Hopefully a fix is included in the first Windows 10 service pack. BTW I don't have this problem on the desktop PC which was upgraded from 8.1. Only the laptop which was upgraded from 7.
I've had the annoying icon resizing problem for several weeks. Like sdnative I have never had ESET on my laptop and use Bitdefender routinely so never felt that was the cause of my problem. I believed the problem appeared after a registry clean using CCcleaner but was never really sure. After reading this thread I realised my son had used an on-line scanner on my laptop around the same time to help remove a virus and I think it was based on ESET (and detected and removed a sole virus Bitdefender missed). Anyway, just now I used the 64bit bat file fix. Didn't work first time but in safe mode and running as administrator it fixed the problem! Thank you very much for this thread and especially to the bat file creator.
You guys use Smart Security or the normal Antivirus? Am I the only one who hates firewall?
Same problem, but I remember a old trick and Works for me:
- Install "Desktop Restore" (http://www.midiox.com/) and save the current icons layout
- backup all desktop icons to another location
- delete all desktop icons (except system icons)
- hit F5 (system icons may move to the left)
- open a process manager (like Process Explorer)
- Kill any Explorer.exe process (taskbar must gone)
- hit F5
- Run Explorer.exe to bring back the taskbar
- move any system icon and hit F5 to verify the new position remains
- restore all other icons
- Using "Desktop Restore" restore all icons positions