Windows 10: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving Solved

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Sep 2015 #221

    I rebooted again and icons on the left, medium Right click on desktop and uncheck the grid pattern and change to small desktop icons. Closed that menu. THEN hold down the (SHIFT) key and right click the mouse anywhere on the desktop and got the menu that let's me restore desktop icon position, and Voila' they all went back to where I had arranged them before booting down.
    dips64-setup.exe is the program.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    25 Sep 2015 #222

    Gibbs said: View Post
    I rebooted again and icons on the left, medium Right click on desktop and uncheck the grid pattern and change to small desktop icons. Closed that menu. THEN hold down the (SHIFT) key and right click the mouse anywhere on the desktop and got the menu that let's me restore desktop icon position, and Voila' they all went back to where I had arranged them before booting down.
    dips64-setup.exe is the program.
    Maybe that dips64 put a patch on the problem, but does not really solve it.
    Anyway, it solves only the problem of desktop icons that does not create problems of efficiency while you're working which instead the constant change of position of files and folders does.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       25 Sep 2015 #223

    This is the 3rd day since i reinstalled Win10 with NO ESET.... still no issue, the icons are ok and the system is fully updated. So stay off ESET for a while.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    25 Sep 2015 #224

    There're solution from eset today. Follow link from 1'st post.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    25 Sep 2015 #225

    wook said: View Post
    I am suspecting that eset 8.0.304.0 don't create the issue so i removed 8.0.319.0 and installed 8.0.304.0, now I am doing "upgrade" again and we will see.
    Deleted ESET, established 8.0.304.0 - did not help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       25 Sep 2015 #226

    puttapoom said: View Post
    There're solution from eset today. Follow link from 1'st post.
    Yes they have a solution but it seems you still need to reinstall windows and then switch to pre-release in ESET update server. I'll wait for for a stable build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    25 Sep 2015 #227

    Hi, that implies they haven't identified exactly what has been changed that shouldn't have been. Only that there is a difference between the two builds. Or, they know, but that it is not possible to repair the damage. Or, they know and are not telling.

    However, in order to correct their product, they must make an appropriate change, which would seem to imply they do know something about how the problem is created.

    It would be worth trying to pick their brains to discover the mechanism by which this happens, as so many have reported these symptoms over many years, yet no one clear reliable fix has yet been found, it seems, although several exist.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       25 Sep 2015 #228

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, that implies they haven't identified exactly what has been changed that shouldn't have been. Only that there is a difference between the two builds. Or, they know, but that it is not possible to repair the damage. Or, they know and are not telling.

    However, in order to correct their product, they must make an appropriate change, which would seem to imply they do know something about how the problem is created.

    It would be worth trying to pick their brains to discover the mechanism by which this happens, as so many have reported these symptoms over many years, yet no one clear reliable fix has yet been found, it seems, although several exist.
    i agree but we all know windows and AV solutions are c**p
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    25 Sep 2015 #229

    puttapoom said: View Post
    There're solution from eset today. Follow link from 1'st post.
    hi
    may you report or quote here please?
    thanks

    Gibbs said: View Post
    I rebooted again and icons on the left, medium Right click on desktop and uncheck the grid pattern and change to small desktop icons. Closed that menu. THEN hold down the (SHIFT) key and right click the mouse anywhere on the desktop and got the menu that let's me restore desktop icon position, and Voila' they all went back to where I had arranged them before booting down.
    dips64-setup.exe is the program.
    hi
    what is it dips64-setup.exe ?
    should i download from where?
    thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       25 Sep 2015 #230

    drugo said: View Post
    hi
    may you report or quote here please?
    thanks


    hi
    what is it dips64-setup.exe ?
    should i download from where?
    thanks
    Read the last 2 pages in the forum
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Default Folder View? in General Support
Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened.
Solved Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? in Performance & Maintenance
To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8
I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. ...
I am using Win 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop with Intel i5 CPU. It was installed as an upgrade in place, not a clean install. I am also using Start10 from Stardock Software. When I enable the Task View Button, the first icon in each row...
Read more... 5290
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums