Windows 10: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving Solved

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Sep 2015 #121

    drugo said: View Post
    hi
    may i ask you about the trojans ?
    did you removed and found with malwarebyte?
    after removing them , does it fix it?
    thanks
    Ciao!
    The trojans were cleaned and by deleting - quatantined by Eset.
    And obviously Eset found them.
    For SpyBot there were no problems at all... so I don't know.
    And NO, the problem is still there

    PS Sono italiana e canadese
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Sep 2015 #122

    ken1943 said: View Post
    It is not Eset. I removed their software and still have the problem on my desktop. Two other computers, Win 10 and Eset not affected.
    But have you done a format and a clean Windows 10 install ?
    Because it's clear that removing the sofware after the problem started, it's useless.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Sep 2015 #123

    wehape said: View Post
    Finally..... I got the solutions
    now I use ESET on windows 10 enterprise x64 without any problem

    For make sure it work or not, just try to rearrange you desktop icon and change your windows explorer folder view mode then reboot your pc.

    *) sorry for bad english
    Based on what I read in the various forums, this does not seem to be the solution. Many have done the same thing and it works only until Eset does not detect a virus, trojan or other.
    Immediately after, both desktop icons and folder view, stop working anymore.

    Anyway, good luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Sep 2015 #124

    I doubt it's because of some virus.. most likely a shitty update from Microsoft that wouldn't suprise me if true
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 Sep 2015 #125

    Hi, this is an issue that has plagued many people (desktop icons being suddenly rearranged + explorer folder view settings not saved) through generations of Windows. It seems no one fix suits all- just a few.

    Something is changed to make these symptoms appear, so what?

    Being curious, and hoping this doesn't affect me, I tried a simple test. This shows that the control of both the desktop icon auto-arrangement and explorer's folder view settings are held in a common registry location. That might explain why problems in both are observed together.

    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\Q:\Ertvfgel Gbbyf\Ertfubg\Ertfubg 1-9 Havpbqr\Ertfubg-k86-Havpbqr.rkr:

    This one also changes when the auto-arrange setting is changed.
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\HRZR_PGYFRFFVBA:

    (The string S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001 may well be different on a different PC).

    Now, if someone who is experiencing both problems would export these keys and upload them, I may be able to see if merging these recreates the problem (which I don't have). Because it's been such a persistent problem, I'm curious..

    If the symptoms are recreated, then it's a matter of analysing the cause. That could be hard.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Sep 2015 #126

    bourrin said: View Post
    I doubt it's because of some virus.. most likely a shitty update from Microsoft that wouldn't suprise me if true
    Iam pretty sure its is because of virus. I have used skidrow crack with trojan and since this problem is here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Sep 2015 #127

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, this is an issue that has plagued many people (desktop icons being suddenly rearranged + explorer folder view settings not saved) through generations of Windows. It seems no one fix suits all- just a few.

    Something is changed to make these symptoms appear, so what?

    Being curious, and hoping this doesn't affect me, I tried a simple test. This shows that the control of both the desktop icon auto-arrangement and explorer's folder view settings are held in a common registry location. That might explain why problems in both are observed together.

    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\Q:\Ertvfgel Gbbyf\Ertfubg\Ertfubg 1-9 Havpbqr\Ertfubg-k86-Havpbqr.rkr:

    This one also changes when the auto-arrange setting is changed.
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\HRZR_PGYFRFFVBA:

    (The string S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001 may well be different on a different PC).

    Now, if someone who is experiencing both problems would export these keys and upload them, I may be able to see if merging these recreates the problem (which I don't have). Because it's been such a persistent problem, I'm curious..

    If the symptoms are recreated, then it's a matter of analysing the cause. That could be hard.

    I can reach the string but what have I to do after???

    Code:
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{9E04CAB2-CC14-11DF-BB8C-A2F1DED72085}\Count\HRZR_PGYFRFFVBA
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Sep 2015 #128

    dalchina said: View Post
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\Q:\Ertvfgel Gbbyf\Ertfubg\Ertfubg 1-9 Havpbqr\Ertfubg-k86-Havpbqr.rkr:

    This one also changes when the auto-arrange setting is changed.
    HKU\S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{CEBFF5CD-ACE2-4F4F-9178-9926F41749EA}\Count\HRZR_PGYFRFFVBA:

    (The string S-1-5-21-1874168061-3408090847-1495916866-1001 may well be different on a different PC).

    Now, if someone who is experiencing both problems would export these keys and upload them, I may be able to see if merging these recreates the problem (which I don't have). Because it's been such a persistent problem, I'm curious..
    For me there's nothing after /Count for both, It's all empty
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    22 Sep 2015 #129

    gotocz said: View Post
    Iam pretty sure its is because of virus. I have used skidrow crack with trojan and since this problem is here.
    Lol.. no, they are always false positive, ALWAYS don't worry about it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    22 Sep 2015 #130

    It's not a virus. This happened on a computer that has never been on the internet browsing, nor had any email, nor any suspect programs loaded into it. Clean install on a 1Tb Hard Drive. Shut down and restart and all the icons are now on the left.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Default Folder View? in General Support
Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened.
Solved Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? in Performance & Maintenance
To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8
I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. ...
I am using Win 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop with Intel i5 CPU. It was installed as an upgrade in place, not a clean install. I am also using Start10 from Stardock Software. When I enable the Task View Button, the first icon in each row...
Read more... 5290
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.
Find Us