How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 61,923
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #11

    It's hard to tell without all of Disk Management showing. Which one on the left is the attached VHD?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #12

    So another thing I've come to find. When I right click DAWN-PC (refer back to TOSHIBA drive), I am presented with

    How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10-inside-dawn-pc.png

    When I click on Backup Set 2015xxxx

    I find the following
    How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10-files.png

    These would seem to be the files I'm looking for
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Brink said:
    It's hard to tell without all of Disk Management showing. Which one on the left is the attached VHD?
    Disk 2 (no drive letter)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 61,923
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #14

    Tomween1 said:
    Disk 2 (no drive letter)
    Does it show up after adding a drive letter to it?

    Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 61,923
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #15

    Tomween1 said:
    So another thing I've come to find. When I right click DAWN-PC (refer back to TOSHIBA drive), I am presented with

    How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10-inside-dawn-pc.png

    When I click on Backup Set 2015xxxx

    I find the following
    How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10-files.png

    These would seem to be the files I'm looking for
    This would be for Windows Backup instead of a from the system image.

    Backup - Manually Extract Files from in Vista Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Brink said:
    Does it show up after adding a drive letter to it?

    Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums
    actuall when I get to the last step (10 I think) a screen pops up telling me to format this disk. If I don't format and try to open from This PC, again I get "You must format this drive xxxxx"
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,923
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #17

    In that case, I'd say go ahead and try to extract the files from the Windows Backup instead since that's where you said they should be.

    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post349295
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Brink said:
    In that case, I'd say go ahead and try to extract the files from the Windows Backup instead since that's where you said they should be.

    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post349295
    And this is what I have now done:Thumbsup:

    Thank you.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #19

    So as to help me understand, if someone can, so to put closure on this..

    Looking at the sequence here

    How do I install a files and folders bckup? Windows 7 to Windows 10-multi-window.png

    If you look at pane 3 the date shows 8/8 (this is the same in pane 1&2) however pane 4 shows todays date

    Why?

    I feel I should be able to use one of these (file size file one 147gb. file size file two 2.59gb).

    I'm I right in this thought?

    Thank you
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 61,923
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #20

    Tomween1 said:
    And this is what I have now done:Thumbsup:

    Thank you.
    You're most welcome. Were you able to restore the files you wanted?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums