Windows 10 video tdr failure atikmpag.sys on Toshiba laptop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,092
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #11

    Bazz said:
    If you can't get into your pc then you can't fix it, where bro67 got his idea that it's related to to AMD driver I have no idea but I wouldn't take much notice his post is just (if) and if it is to do with a zebra it could be a horse. I'm just trying to get you into safe mode.
    Probably from the title of the thread,

    atikmpag.sys


    Is the AMD graphics driver.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #12

    derekimo said:
    Probably from the title of the thread,

    atikmpag.sys


    Is the AMD graphics driver.
    AHH OK it's been a long day, but you have no other contribution to the thread other than to advise me of this, perhaps you could give the OP some help.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,092
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #13

    You looked like you were doing alright.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #14

    derekimo said:
    You looked like you were doing alright.
    Not good enough if he can't get in, looks like a Clean Install,
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10240 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Bazz said:
    Not good enough if he can't get in, looks like a Clean Install,
    Ok, clean install. I have a Win10 USB flash drive created using Media Creation Tool. What should I do? Just plug it in before boot?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #16

    sam ihsan said:
    Ok, clean install. I have a Win10 USB flash drive created using Media Creation Tool. What should I do? Just plug it in before boot?
    If your PC is set to boot from USB yep go ahead, however if you have any files on the PC you want off I would boot from a Linux based live CD and back them up first and then go ahead with the clean install.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10240 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Bazz said:
    If your PC is set to boot from USB yep go ahead, however if you have any files on the PC you want off I would boot from a Linux based live CD and back them up first and then go ahead with the clean install.
    I don't know if my laptop is set to boot from USB. Oh well, I have to wait until later today to do this, no one's home to do it for me.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #18

    sam ihsan said:
    I don't know if my laptop is set to boot from USB. Oh well, I have to wait until later today to do this, no one's home to do it for me.
    This can be set in the BIOS my friend, look up your pc manufacturer and find out how to get into the BIOS then set your first boot device as usb hard drive.

    Good luck.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 934
    Win10 Version 21H2 19044.1645
       #19

    sam ihsan said:
    Does repeated hard resets via power button cause hard drive failure?

    Not sure, but I lost a hard drive on a 5 year old Sony laptop with the same symptoms. It did not make sounds or give any noticeable indication before failure.

    However, that is a nice laptop you have and hopefully it is a display issue. Check the below link.

    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-signs...rive-lifetime/
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10240 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Bazz said:
    This can be set in the BIOS my friend, look up your pc manufacturer and find out how to get into the BIOS then set your first boot device as usb hard drive.

    Good luck.
    Thats the thing, no one can get to BIOS... No matter, we will see later today. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

    torre said:
    Not sure, but I lost a hard drive on a 5 year old Sony laptop with the same symptoms. It did not make sounds or give any noticeable indication before failure.

    However, that is a nice laptop you have and hopefully it is a display issue. Check the below link.

    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-signs...rive-lifetime/
    Yeah, I hope it is only a display issue.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums