Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #21

    XweAponX said:
    I'm pretty sure I was only able to get past it when it happened to me, cos I have an old crappy Dell PS-2 KB. Most new systems have only USB support, but ASUS normally puts the PS-2 inputs in. After I logged in the second time, new drivers got loaded and it stopped. Maybe I'll remove the PS-2 KB and connect my other USB kb and see what happens.
    Well it's unfortunate that not all problems are the same as yours or you would be the knowledge base to consult, and if you live to be 100 you will still never be the said base.
    Regards
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #22

    I just d/c'd my PS-2 KB and I connected my USB kb. It's never been connected to this PC ever, but it lit up and allowed me to enter my password.

    So I don't know what the fook is going on with his system, but if it's not detecting his mouse or KB, he still can't get in. If he has no password, perhaps your long-winded fix will work. *regards*

    (edit) found THIS - Note what "Ayevo" has to say about it.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #23

    XweAponX said:
    I just d/c'd my PS-2 KB and I connected my USB kb. It's never been connected to this PC ever, but it lit up and allowed me to enter my password.

    So I don't know what the fook is going on with his system, but if it's not detecting his mouse or KB, he still can't get in. If he has no password, perhaps your long-winded fix will work. *regards*

    (edit) found THIS - Note what "Ayevo" has to say about it.
    Chill out mate and stop being a well you know what have a listen to Ratty and the Watchers | ReverbNation

    That long winded fix takes less than 5 mins.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #24

    So does plugging in a PS-2 KB. Who's ratty and the Watchers? Ok I'll check em out.


    Here plug this in and it'll start playing:

    If we didn't CARE if ya liked us back in 1981 why the fook would we NOW?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #25

    Hm:

    "Bio: Ratty and the Watchers are committed to raising awareness about wolves and the cruelty perpetrated against them."

    That's pretty worthy, thanks. Listening to "Blood on their hands" right now.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #26

    XweAponX said:
    Hm:

    "Bio: Ratty and the Watchers are committed to raising awareness about wolves and the cruelty perpetrated against them."

    That's pretty worthy, thanks. Listening to "Blood on their hands" right now.
    Off topic like but enjoy mate the singer is a friend of mine and you being a punk he is also. PM me I got a cpl albums I will upload for you.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #27

    yah I like it, its actually relaxing compared to what I play. Try this, it's my normal band. I got a CD uploaded to dropbox, I'll make you a link tomorrow.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    I solved my problem.

    Followed steps to create a recovery disk:
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    You can find it in the system settings. It says "windwows7" as part of it, just ignore that.
    I just burned it to a cd but a usb key can work too.
    My BIOS wanted me to confirm loading from a CD by pressing a button. It said 'any button' but it seemed nothing worked until I tried F1.


    I followed the steps from:
    Start Windows 10 in Safe mode
    I first tried the "Start-up Repair" which apparently didn't help. It says it failed. I looked at the log for the fail and it said it was for an incompatible version. This was confusing because I burned it off of another windows10 system.


    Then I forced safe mode by using the console option and entering:
    Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes


    Which allows me to restart and get to the "Windows Boot Manager".
    Here I had to press F8 to get advanced options.
    I picked "SafeMode with Networking".
    This allowed me to get to a working login screen. My keyboard and mouse were working so I was able to log into my account.
    Unfortunately as part of safemode it seems that windowsUpdate is disabled.


    I went through a few itterations of the above trying different things.


    I uninstalled a bunch of programs that might be suspect.
    Avast Anti Virus
    Advanced System Care
    Adaware
    driverbooster
    etc.


    Restarted again.
    Finally had responsive keyboard/mouse. I was able to click on the screen I first showed, it moved up and I was able to get at the login fields. I was able to log in correctly.


    I think I might not have updated Avast Anti Virus fully before I started the upgrade on my desktop. I think my lap top didn't have a problem because I updated my antivirus the other day.
    It might've been fixed by something else I did. Anyway, I'm up and running again. I wish I had those 8 hours of my life back but I learned a few things.


    Thank you everyone for your efforts to assist me.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #29

    avatara359 said:
    I solved my problem.

    Followed steps to create a recovery disk:
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    You can find it in the system settings. It says "windwows7" as part of it, just ignore that.
    I just burned it to a cd but a usb key can work too.
    My BIOS wanted me to confirm loading from a CD by pressing a button. It said 'any button' but it seemed nothing worked until I tried F1.


    I followed the steps from:
    Start Windows 10 in Safe mode
    I first tried the "Start-up Repair" which apparently didn't help. It says it failed. I looked at the log for the fail and it said it was for an incompatible version. This was confusing because I burned it off of another windows10 system.


    Then I forced safe mode by using the console option and entering:
    Bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes


    Which allows me to restart and get to the "Windows Boot Manager".
    Here I had to press F8 to get advanced options.
    I picked "SafeMode with Networking".
    This allowed me to get to a working login screen. My keyboard and mouse were working so I was able to log into my account.
    Unfortunately as part of safemode it seems that windowsUpdate is disabled.


    I went through a few itterations of the above trying different things.


    I uninstalled a bunch of programs that might be suspect.
    Avast Anti Virus
    Advanced System Care
    Adaware
    driverbooster
    etc.


    Restarted again.
    Finally had responsive keyboard/mouse. I was able to click on the screen I first showed, it moved up and I was able to get at the login fields. I was able to log in correctly.


    I think I might not have updated Avast Anti Virus fully before I started the upgrade on my desktop. I think my lap top didn't have a problem because I updated my antivirus the other day.
    It might've been fixed by something else I did. Anyway, I'm up and running again. I wish I had those 8 hours of my life back but I learned a few things.


    Thank you everyone for your efforts to assist me.
    You are very welcome for the help even though it was of no use to you.

    Thank you for giving your detailed fix, I'm sure it will help many people.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 (duh)
       #30

    So it was a user-error...
    Driverbooster might seem to work fine, until you need to do stuff like upgrading the OS. Or a big service pack comes. Because it can replace the generic drivers like the ones for keyboard and mouse, with false-positives, disabling hid and trowing Windows Upgrade off. Anyway, it's a lame driverpacks rip-off that also "rips" your personal data (pretty much any iobit software does that to support it's "free" as in "you-are-the-product" status.

    Coming back to the problem, the solution proposed would have worked anyway, as PS/2 support is built-in and does not require definitions, like USB does. Laptops usually don't have this issue because most come with an internal PS/2 bus (just the pin layout differs) for the trackpad and/or keyboard. Guess why...

    Still, after helping 20+ laptops/desktops to jump to Windows 10, I did notice more troubles than in previous versions - dead fn key, some function keys not working, swapped or unresponsive keys on non-english keyboards etc. I have a small zalman keyboard that was built from the ground up to support both PS/2 and USB, so it never fails (many recent mouse and keyboards might have PS/2 support removed and won't work with an adapter as I've seen it first-hand). Definitely some old hardware support was phased out of Windows Logo certification. And definitely something done wrong by Microsoft in the security and remote desktop protocol areas.
    SR1 fixes everything...
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums