I cannot access the login screen on Windows 10. How to proceed now?


  1. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1

    I cannot access the login screen on Windows 10. How to proceed now?


    Hello guys,

    For a long time I cannot access the login screen and now I decided to do something about it. So, I can start the PC and I see the background image, time and date which WIndows 10 provides.

    You have to click a key or left click on your mouse to get to the login screen where you can choose an account and login with that account. The problem is now that if I want to access that screen, the start screen is blurred for 10-20 second and then my PC returns to the start screen again, so I can never access the login screen nor can I restart the computer as mentioned on some websites.

    Here is an image of the login screen, which I cannot access:

    https://i3g4v6w8.stackpathcdn.com/wp...windows-10.jpg

    Do you have and advice for me?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 63,418
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello Antor, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The screen you see before the sign-in screen below would be the lock screen that shows the time and date.

    I don't see an issue on the screenshot of your sign-in screen below though. It appears you are able to select users and enter the required credentials to sign in.

    Could you provide more details about what is wrong with the screen below?

      My Computers


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said:
    Hello Antor, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The screen you see before the sign-in screen below would be the lock screen that shows the time and date.

    I don't see an issue on the screenshot of your sign-in screen below though. It appears you are able to select users and enter the required credentials to sign in.

    Could you provide more details about what is wrong with the screen below?

    Hey Brink, that screen is just an example for the sign-in screen which I cannot access. So, the only screen I see is
    the lock screen. If I try to access the sign-in screen, the only thing that is happening is that the lock screen is blurred for few seconds and then the lock screen appears again instead of the sign-in screen. Hence, my problem is that I cannot leave the lock screen.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,363
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #4

    Does ctrl, alt + del bring up the log in screen?
    Can you access safe mode & log in?
    Have you tried restarting the PC or even shutting it down completely?
    If you click Enter again on that screen does it still not appear?
    Is fast startup enabled?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Bastet said:
    Does ctrl, alt + del bring up the log in screen?
    Can you access safe mode & log in?
    Have you tried restarting the PC or even shutting it down completely?
    If you click Enter again on that screen does it still not appear?
    Is fast startup enabled?
    Wow! Using ctrl, alt + del worked! But why? Everything is working again. Thanks man, I thought I have to buy a new PC.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,363
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #6

    Great news. It’s a secure boot thing.
    I’ve often had the same problem & this worked. Strange thing is next time Ctrl, alt + del isn’t required.
    Girl computer geek here. :)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Bastet said:
    Great news. It’s a secure boot thing.
    I’ve often had the same problem & this worked. Strange thing is next time Ctrl, alt + del isn’t required.
    Girl computer geek here. :)
    Oh, that is nice to hear! Thank you again for helping me out!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 63,418
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #8

    If you like, you can use an option in the tutorial below to turn off the Ctrl+Alt+Del secure sign-in feature.

    Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2,363
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #9

    No worries. Glad to help.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums