Windows 10: Random freeze of OS - SSD ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    14 Aug 2015 #1

    Random freeze of OS - SSD ?


    Hello,

    I've recently build a new PC, but I'm having some issues.
    All components are new besides my SSD/HDD/GPU/DVD.
    I've updated all drivers + BIOS.
    My PC randomly freezes for like a minute, and then continues.
    I've stress-tested my RAM, SSD etc.. but nothing appears to be "broken".
    I did notice that when I'm booting from my SSD, this occurs regulary.
    I also noticed that when I'm booting from my SSD, Windows showed a "Repairing Drive" message.
    When booting from my HDD, no freezing occured so far..
    I'm pretty sure its the SSD, just confused as no actual errors are found by any tests.
    According to CrystalDiskInfo + SSDLife, my SSD is 100% in fine shape
    THIS ISSUE HAPPENED BOTH ON 8.1 AND 10 ON SSD

    I've attached some OCCT log files aswell.
    Random freeze of OS - SSD ? Attached Files
    Last edited by nigelh92; 14 Aug 2015 at 10:00.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Aug 2015 #2

    any1 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Aug 2015 #3

    nigelh92 said: View Post
    Hello,

    I've recently build a new PC, but I'm having some issues.
    All components are new besides my SSD/HDD/GPU/DVD.
    I've updated all drivers + BIOS.
    My PC randomly freezes for like a minute, and then continues.
    I've stress-tested my RAM, SSD etc.. but nothing appears to be "broken".
    I did notice that when I'm booting from my SSD, this occurs regulary.
    I also noticed that when I'm booting from my SSD, Windows showed a "Repairing Drive" message.
    When booting from my HDD, no freezing occured so far..
    I'm pretty sure its the SSD, just confused as no actual errors are found by any tests.
    According to CrystalDiskInfo + SSDLife, my SSD is 100% in fine shape
    THIS ISSUE HAPPENED BOTH ON 8.1 AND 10 ON SSD

    I've attached some OCCT log files aswell.
    Upgraded from win 8.1 pro, and my laptop freezes for a minute also (noticed when opening programs like photoshop, sometimes window explorer, chrome browser). In win 8.1 everything was running fine. But I do not have an ssd installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Aug 2015 #4

    What drive do you have (Make/Model)? Is there a possible firmware update that updates the drive for possible fixes?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Aug 2015 #5

    GamerwGlasses said: View Post
    What drive do you have (Make/Model)? Is there a possible firmware update that updates the drive for possible fixes?
    Hitachi HTS727575A9E364
    I don't see any firmware updates.
    Also, was working fine in win 8.1.
    btw, it just froze again for a minute while just browsing internet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       20 Aug 2015 #6

    The Hitachi is the SSD drive, or the HDD? I have an old Gateway I just had to run the HDD tool on. I don't know why this would happen with an SSD drive at all. I use a Hybrid drive in my Windows 8 system. Maybe it is just a fluke with the brand or type of device.

    If that drive was in another machine, perhaps there were some partitions left on it from there that is bogging you up? Whenever I use a used drive for a new system, I zero-fill the drive and leave it unformatted before I install the new OS, and then I tell the Windows installer to create new partitions. The only way I see your system not booting is if you had some partitions left on the drive. If it was in a Mac, it would show up as not initialized, and you still would have to zero-fill the drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Aug 2015 #7

    XweAponX said: View Post
    The Hitachi is the SSD drive, or the HDD? I have an old Gateway I just had to run the HDD tool on. I don't know why this would happen with an SSD drive at all. I use a Hybrid drive in my Windows 8 system. Maybe it is just a fluke with the brand or type of device.

    If that drive was in another machine, perhaps there were some partitions left on it from there that is bogging you up? Whenever I use a used drive for a new system, I zero-fill the drive and leave it unformatted before I install the new OS, and then I tell the Windows installer to create new partitions. The only way I see your system not booting is if you had some partitions left on the drive. If it was in a Mac, it would show up as not initialized, and you still would have to zero-fill the drive.
    Not sure if you are replying to me or the OG poster. But the this is the original hdd that came with the laptop (hp pavilion dv6) It had 7 first, then upgraded to 8.1, which worked fine. Then upgraded to 10 and this started happening.
    May try a clean install later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Aug 2015 #8

    This is a thread about my problem not yours tube..
    Please create your own thread.. lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       22 Aug 2015 #9

    nigelh92 said: View Post
    This is a thread about my problem not yours tube..
    Please create your own thread.. lol
    Hi nigelh92,
    I suspect that your V300 is at fault, I would suggest you to invest in a reliable SSD like Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Aug 2015 #10

    brummyfan said: View Post
    Hi nigelh92,I suspect that your V300 is at fault, I would suggest you to invest in a reliable SSD like Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung.
    Do you think a firmware upgrade of the SSD might resolve the issue ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Build 10041: Freeze on Restart in Windows Insider
After installing Build 10041, first as upgrade from 9926, then from clean install to reformatted drive from ISO. my Acer E5-511 consistently freezes on the Acer Boot Screen ("Explore beyond limits"!) on every restart. Sometimes I see the beginning...
Hi... Recently I just upgraded my Windows 8.1 x64 to Windows 10 x64 and I'm getting kinda very weird problem. My Firefox and Explorer.exe randomly become 'Not Responding' only after I switch the language input between English and Thai. ...
After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 downloading the updates freeze at 80%... I kept restarting the laptop several times, signing in and out.. and it still at 80% and not moving! 26896
After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 downloading the updates freeze at 80%... I kept restarting the laptop several times, signing in and out.. and it still at 80% and not moving! 26896
Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello everyone. I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.
Find Us