Best place to get Windows 10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    win7
       #1

    Best place to get Windows 10


    I am building a new computer. Where is the best place to get Windows 10 and can it be installed without being linked to an microsoft account? I have seen people talking about the grey market. Are they legal. I want my windows legal and with no problems that will dectivate or mess my install but as cheap as possible
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2

    I doubt that any grey market version of Windows will be legal. Some time ago I had to purchase a copy of Win 10 Home and I got my copy from Amazon. I doubt you'll find a cheaper price.

    Jeff
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 35,596
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #3

    All builds of Win 10 are freely downloadable from MS:
    Download Windows 10 ISO File

    and to create a bootable disk see:
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

    There was this discussion fairly recently on what seemed a valid offer:
    Can I get an opinion on this PC World link
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 8
    win7
    Thread Starter
       #4

    BunnyJ said:
    I doubt that any grey market version of Windows will be legal. Some time ago I had to purchase a copy of Win 10 Home and I got my copy from Amazon. I doubt you'll find a cheaper price.

    Jeff
    OK thanks. I should have said win 10 Pro I want.Is it a download or a usb you got
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17,371
    Windows 11 Pro
       #5

    Well, unless you get it from Microsoft, you are taking your chances. And if you really want to comply with Microsoft's Terms and Conditions and End User License Agreements then you cannot use a System Builder's (OEM) license for your own computer that you are going to keep and use, so that would limit you to only purchasing an actual boxed full retail version of Windows.

    https://devicepartner.microsoft.com/...r-personal-use
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 8
    win7
    Thread Starter
       #6

    NavyLCDR said:
    Well, unless you get it from Microsoft, you are taking your chances. And if you really want to comply with Microsoft's Terms and Conditions and End User License Agreements then you cannot use a System Builder's (OEM) license for your own computer that you are going to keep and use, so that would limit you to only purchasing an actual boxed full retail version of Windows.
    where do you get System Builder's (OEM) license. Could i get that if i were selling it.Is there some requirement you need a ms account. I want to avoid that for privacy reasons
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,487
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #7

    dalchina said:

    There was this discussion fairly recently on what seems a valid offer:
    Can I get an opinion on this PC World link
    I believe that offer expired at the end of June, but it apparently was legitimate---40 bucks for Win 10 Pro Retail.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,487
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #8

    Oakie said:
    Is there some requirement you need a ms account. I want to avoid that for privacy reasons
    As far as I know, you don't need a MS account.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,487
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #9

    Cheapest source I can quickly find for a legit Win 10 Pro is 189.99 at Newegg.

    That's Full Retail.

    I thought Costco might carry it. Apparently not, but you can get Office 2019 there for 125.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 8
    win7
    Thread Starter
       #10

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Cheapest source I can quickly find for a legit Win 10 Pro is 189.99 at Newegg.

    That's Full Retail.

    I thought Costco might carry it. Apparently not, but you can get Office 2019 there for 125.
    OK is it possible to uninstall office. i wont be using it

    I read about the systems buiders licence,
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums