File explorer ribbon missing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 17,744
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #11

    inf1425 said:
    Yes, that used to be there but it suddenly disappeared
    I have been on 2004 for a month or two now and there have been no updates recently so I don't think it's that.
    If you are in Full Screen with File Explorer, get out of that and see if the arrow comes back (per Microsoft)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 36
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Ghot said:
    If you are in Full Screen with File Explorer, get out of that and see if the arrow comes back (per Microsoft)
    Not in fullscreen. I tried enabling and disabling fullscreen but that also did nothing.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,744
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #13

    inf1425 said:
    Not in fullscreen. I tried enabling and disabling fullscreen but that also did nothing.

    Just found this... the site WinAero is OK. But if you want you can scan it at Virustotal.com

    https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.20 <---- Ribbon enabler/disabler
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11,390
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706
       #14

    inf1425,

    1 I think you should draw a close to this thread and create a new one called something like
    File explorer ribbon missing - Ver 2004
    and once again enclose the diagrams that help explain the problem. You should also confirm / otherwise that there are no relevant third party utilities installed.
    - Since it seems that this is a change within Ver 2004, I think you can only get help from other Ver 2004 users
    - Come back here and paste in a link to your new thread so anyone who stumbles over this one can get to the new thread

    2 I assume you have searched for File explorer ribbon Version 2004 or similar Advanced Search - TenForums

    3 I assume you have looked through the main Ver 2004 threads - you might consider posting in there instead of creating a new thread
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 - TenForums
    What is new in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 - TenForums

    Denis
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 36
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Neither disabling nor enabling did anything...
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,744
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #16

    inf1425 said:
    Neither disabling nor enabling did anything...
    Well, like I said. I'm still on v1909... try what Denis suggested. He's been here a LOT longer than I have.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 36
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Try3 said:
    inf1425,

    1 I think you should draw a close to this thread and create a new one called something like
    File explorer ribbon missing - Ver 2004
    and once again enclose the diagrams that help explain the problem. You should also confirm / otherwise that there are no relevant third party utilities installed.
    - Since it seems that this is a change within Ver 2004, I think you can only get help from other Ver 2004 users
    - Come back here and paste in a link to your new thread so anyone who stumbles over this one can get to the new thread

    2 I assume you have searched for File explorer ribbon Version 2004 or similar Advanced Search - TenForums

    3 I assume you have looked through the main Ver 2004 threads - you might consider posting in there instead of creating a new thread
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 - TenForums
    What is new in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 - TenForums

    Denis
    I will do that. But I have been on 2004 for about 2 months now (insider). How is it possible that I suddenly have such an issue?

    EDIT: A link to the new thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-su...ml#post1965617
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 36
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004


    I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is missing. I have attached a screenshot. Any help would be appreciated.

    This problem started long after the Windows 2004 update. I have not installed any updates in the past 2 weeks.

    File explorer ribbon missing-unknown.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,390
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706
       #19

    If you are an Insider then search for a thread that Insiders use.
    Advanced Search - TenForums

    Insiders are on later Builds than just the Ver 2004 that the rest of us might use.
    So be clear about your Build in any post.
    Be sure to state that the problem started long after the Ver 2004 update but check as far as you can whether the problem started with some other update / Insider update. Check, in particular,
    Control panel, ..., Programs & features, Installed updates.

    Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,773
    Windows 11 Pro, 21H2
       #20

    From a search on the web I see that there are 3rd party utilities to make Win 10 look more like Win 7 that can cause exactly the effect that you are seeing.

    The link below references one such utility that allows you to to completely remove the ribbon, but more importantly in your situation, allows you to also re-enable it.

    Go to that link and scroll down to the section called "How to totally remove the ribbon in file explorer".

    How to Make the File Explorer Ribbon Disappear in Windows 10 | Windows Techies

    NOTE: I have not personally used this utility but I see quite a few references to it in my searches and I've not seen any complaints to indicate that it has any problems.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums