How to add containing folders to collection of files

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 807
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #11

    Paul my friend that worked fabulously! As you can see I put some odd ball file extensions in the mix. Note that the .ept file did not have a folder. Bating 999.99 A picture says a thousand words. Thank you Paul.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to add containing folders to collection of files-before.png   How to add containing folders to collection of files-completed.png   How to add containing folders to collection of files-after.png  
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #12

    Lance1 said:
    Paul my friend that worked fabulously! As you can see I put some odd ball file extensions in the mix. Note that the .ept file did not have a folder. Bating 999.99 A picture says a thousand words. Thank you Paul.
    You are VERY welcome!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 807
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #13

    Can you write the .bat to sort by file extension? I noted that the two .mp3 file had separate folders. As if it were file extension they would be in the same folder.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry, Paul... I know it's late there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to add containing folders to collection of files-mp3.png  
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #14

    Hello @Lance1,

    Lance1 said:
    Can you write the .bat to sort by file extension? I noted that the two .mp3 file had separate folders. As if it were file extension they would be in the same folder.
    The code wouldn't know what to call the folder!

    The purpose of the code is to create a folder for each filename and then move the files into their respective folders!

    I hope this helps!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 807
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #15

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @Lance1,


    The code wouldn't know what to call the folder!

    The purpose of the code is to create a folder for each filename and then move the files into their respective folders!

    I hope this helps!
    So it's by file name and that just fine Paul! Amazing work Thank You again. But It's a Bug in your ear... Bugging you....
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #16

    Hello @Lance1,

    Lance1 said:
    So it's by file name and that just fine Paul! Amazing work. Thank You again.
    You are VERY welcome and I am glad that you found it useful for your task!
    I hope the OP finds it as useful for his!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 807
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #17

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @Lance1,


    You are VERY welcome and I am glad that you found it useful for your task!
    I hope the OP finds it as useful for his!
    Yes, that is the purpose of this post anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well, I guess you could find me as the testing ground. And the OP can see it worked.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #18

    Lance1 said:
    Well, I guess you could find me as the testing ground. And the OP can see it worked.
    Yes, thank you VERY much for testing it out.
    It was just strange that you were also thinking of a way to achieve this task.
    Although I had tested the code, it is always nice to know that it actually works for the end users!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 807
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #19

    If You need a new code to test out?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #20

    Lance1 said:
    If You need a new code to test out?
    Thanks, we will have to see if it does what the OP needs first.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums