Windows 10 Optional Feature Update 2004

  1. Cherokee's Avatar
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 version 1909 - 64 bit Home
       #1

    Windows 10 Optional Feature Update 2004


    My version = Windows 10 Home - 1909 - 64 bit - currently kept daily updated.

    Optional update 2004 first appeared on my update list on 17 June.
    On 24 June it was removed and no longer shows as an optional update.

    Anybody know why it has suddenly disappeared ?
      My Computer

  2. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 9,690
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2004 19041.264 & version 2004 build 20152.1000
       #2

    ::CHUCKLE:: Microsoft has gone weird.
    Last week the optional update was there to download (tried 3 times and had problems with it)
    just checked and found this

    Attachment 285900
      My Computers

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,916
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #3

    Cherokee said:
    My version = Windows 10 Home - 1909 - 64 bit - currently kept daily updated.

    Optional update 2004 first appeared on my update list on 17 June.
    On 24 June it was removed and no longer shows as an optional update.

    Anybody know why it has suddenly disappeared ?
    If you are also getting the message like Thomas above that it's not quite ready for your device, MS probably found another known issue that is severe enough to put a block on your machine.

    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004
      My Computers

  4. Cherokee's Avatar
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 version 1909 - 64 bit Home
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Thank you for those posts.
    No, I do not get that message, just that I am up-to-date.
    My gut feel is that Microsoft have too many issues with 2004 and they have withdrawn the
    optional update until the issues have been fixed.

    My desktop PC is only 18 months old, a relatively new set.

    - - - Updated - - -

    f14tomcat said:
    If you are also getting the message like Thomas above that it's not quite ready for your device, MS probably found another known issue that is severe enough to put a block on your machine.
    I agree with that comment.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,916
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #5

    Cherokee said:
    Thank you for those posts.
    No, I do not get that message, just that I am up-to-date.
    My gut feel is that Microsoft have too many issues with 2004 and they have withdrawn the
    optional update until the issues have been fixed.

    My desktop PC is only 18 months old, a relatively new set.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree with that comment.
    The way this feature update has been acting, I would not be in any hurry to dive in. Maybe the disappearance is telling you something.
      My Computers

  6. Damun's Avatar
    Posts : 87
    Windows 10 Home, 1909
       #6

    The same thing happened to me. See this thread: My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore.
    Last edited by Damun; 4 Days Ago at 06:12.
      My Computer


  7. jumanji's Avatar
    Posts : 2,817
    Windows 10 Home 64bit Version 1909
       #7

    Hi @Damun,

    The link you had given in the above post does not work ( This site can't be reached). Is it this My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore. ?
      My Computer

  8. Damun's Avatar
    Posts : 87
    Windows 10 Home, 1909
       #8

    jumanji said:
    Hi @Damun,

    The link you had given in the above post does not work ( This site can't be reached). Is it this My PC was ready for 2004 update, but now it isn't anymore. ?
    Hello @jumanji, yes that's it and i have fixed the link now. Thanks.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums