Win 10 Questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 293
    Windows 10 Home
       #11

    spunk said:
    The Windows Registry is not under Administrative tools, you would get there by going to Search and type Regedit, or by right clicking Start Button and choosing Run, or pressing the Windows Key+R in the Run box type Regedit.
    The Registry Editor is in Administrative Tools both from the Control Panel / Administrative Tools or the Start Menu folder Administrative Tools. Also, I use Classic Shell for a Windows 7 style Start Menu. I make a shortcut to the Registry Editor and Pin it to the Start Menu for easy and quick access to the Registry Editor along with several other programs that I use often.
    Last edited by Mcd73165; 26 Jun 2020 at 20:24.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #12

    Mcd73165 said:
    The Registry Editor is in Administrative Tools both from the Control Panel / Administrative Tools or the Start Menu folder Administrative Tools.
    I found the registry editor in Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, but that's set to be deprecated sometime in the future. I could not find any easy way to get into the "start menu folder".


    At any rate, why go to such lengths when the OP can just follow @Caledon Ken's instructions: Right click Start, click run, type regedit, enter.

    Even easier is to press the WinKey + R, type regedit and hit enter.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,301
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H2 19044.1526
       #13

    Wynona said:
    I found the registry editor in Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, but that's set to be deprecated sometime in the future. I could not find any easy way to get into the "start menu folder".


    At any rate, why go to such lengths when the OP can just follow @Caledon Ken's instructions: Right click Start, click run, type regedit, enter.

    Even easier is to press the WinKey + R, type regedit and hit enter.
    this maybe what you want (option 2) Open in explorer, then drag address
    to desktop


    Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 13,301
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H2 19044.1526
       #14

    I do this with my networked drives.

    Attachment 285302
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #15

    thomaseg1 said:
    this maybe what you want (option 2) Open in explorer, then drag address
    to desktop

    Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10
    Nah. I was referring to the original question; the OP wanted to know where to find the Registry Editor (regedit).

    If I want to create a shortcut, I create it in the Quick Launch Bar. I think it came around about circa Windows XP.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #16

    Oscar Hotel said:
    Great response ! Thank you,

    Now for another question: I have an extended monitor. I'm looking for the setting for making the monitor on the left or right side of the PC. Anybody have that location ?
    Oscar, when you ask for help, it's best to create a new thread for each question. That way, there's no confusion when someone gives an answer.

    I have dual monitors. The left monitor (the one in front of my keyboard) is my main monitor and the right one is my secondary.

    I have my cursor going from left to right, kinda like I'm reading a book. Is this what you're talking about?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 110
    win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Ok Wynona. But, if your a true believer in the Corona flu, I have some true life video interview of some actual Medical doctors and Medical Scientist you should watch to get better educated on the subject.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #18

    Oscar Hotel said:
    Ok Wynona. But, if your a true believer in the Corona flu, I have some true life video interview of some actual Medical doctors and Medical Scientist you should watch to get better educated on the subject.
    Been there, done that, Oscar.

    I've been through two COVID-19 tests and two antibody tests. Best I can figure out, the first was a false positive, the second was negative; both antibody tests came back negative which is why I think the first test was a false positive.

    Not much I haven't seen or heard bout that . . .

    And now, to get back on track, is what I described about my monitors what you're talking about? If so, I may be able to help.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 110
    win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #19

    The 8th post in this tread, all taken care of. Thanks Wynona.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 225
    Windows 10 pro
       #20

    Go to the C:/ drive and click on "Windows", scroll down the list past the folders and on down until you see the "regedit" program icon, then right click on it and choose "Create Shortcut", then drag the shortcut to your Windows desktop.
    You will then be able to click on the shortcut at any time to start regedit.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums