Surge Protection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 5,817
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #41

    Compumind said:
    I use APC and CyberPower...

    All with almost Pure Sine Wave output - you won't find that at Costco!

    Like the one I've been talking about - CP1500PFCLCD
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 819
    10
       #42

    sygnus21 said:
    Your credibility indeed!
    Oh yes! Build a crucifix by all means. The injustice is immeasurable.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 10,525
    Windows 10 Workstation x64
       #43

    Come on, play nice folks!!!
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 123
    Ten
    Thread Starter
       #44

    Yes please, I did not intend for this for swiping each other. Lots of knowledge here at TF to be shared.

    One thing I keep reading is the Ethernet ports or the USB ports. Some of these show to be out dated. Ethernet 10/100? USB less than 3.1A?

    I almost pulled the trigger on the CyberPower HT1206UC2 but then I see it only has a 6 foot cord. 8 for me is preferable.


      My Computer


  5. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #45

    AirPower4ever said:
    Yes please, I did not intend for this for swiping each other. Lots of knowledge here at TF to be shared.

    One thing I keep reading is the Ethernet ports or the USB ports. Some of these show to be out dated. Ethernet 10/100? USB less than 3.1A?

    I almost pulled the trigger on the CyberPower HT1206UC2 but then I see it only has a 6 foot cord. 8 for me is preferable.


    That cord length may be limited by UL code, I'm not sure. May be hard to find anything over 6'.

    I use and really like the one @sygnus21 mentioned. Surge Protection


    Had it for 4+ years and never fails. CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Series - Product Details, Specs, Downloads | CyberPower
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 252
    Windows 10 Pro
       #46

    Well as I was shopping today I noticed THIS and just thought I would mention it....I have NO affiliation with this seller! I just buy a lot of stuff from them.

    But from the spec sheet: "Network line - 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)".

      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #47

    Hi,
    Adding a 2.. foot extension won't hurt anything as long as it's the same gauge wire as the ups/... has on it's cord.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 5,817
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #48

    AirPower4ever said:
    Yes please, I did not intend for this for swiping each other. Lots of knowledge here at TF to be shared.

    One thing I keep reading is the Ethernet ports or the USB ports. Some of these show to be out dated. Ethernet 10/100? USB less than 3.1A?

    I almost pulled the trigger on the CyberPower HT1206UC2 but then I see it only has a 6 foot cord. 8 for me is preferable.
    You did nothing wrong so no need to apologize. It's me who owes you an apology for diverting attention.

    Anyway, as f14tomcat said, I don't think you're going to find an unit in such the CPS1500 with a cord greater than 6'. Not even my old APC unit had a cord longer than 6'.

    That said, if length is an issue there's always a heavy duty extension cord such as this.... Thonapa 10 Foot Lighted Outdoor Extension Cord. The point is the specs - 12 gauge heavy duty wire, 15 amp, 125 volt, 1875 watt, UL Listed.

    All that said, you seem to be looking for ways not to get a UPS - power cord too short, USB/ethernet questions. It good to question, but as the saying goes - paralysis by analysis.

    Good luck.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #49

    flhthemi said:
    Well as I was shopping today I noticed THIS and just thought I would mention it....I have NO affiliation with this seller! I just buy a lot of stuff from them.

    But from the spec sheet: "Network line - 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)".

    Thank you...I'll be ordering that soon.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 819
    10
       #50

    sygnus21 said:
    You did nothing wrong so no need to apologize. It's me who owes you an apology for diverting attention.
    You also owe me an apology. I made no criticism of anyone's recommendations, but when I made a recommendation you were on me like a cheap suit.

    I recommended a UL listed surge protector plug pad. All your attempts to suggest there was something wrong with this recommendation or my credibility were plainly obnoxious and not conducive to the thread or community.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums