Just some thoughts.
Companies look at cost, sales, income and market share.
What we know about Windows 8 is.
1. We don't know the cost because Microsoft won't say.
2. Sales are very poor by anybodies standard.
3. Income of Windows 8 is unknown to us. All the sales they are having with Windows 8 products indicates they want more sales and market share than income with Windows 8 at this time.
4. # 3 will only last for so long when the income from a product will come to the top of the list of things wanted and needed.
5. Making products and services the market wants and at a fair market price improves sales, market share, and income.
6. Trying to force the market into using products and services the market doesn't want has never worked for long.