Folder have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their n


  1. Posts : 195
    Windows 10 x64
       #1

    Folder have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their n


    For some reason, now all of my folders on file explorer have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their name.
    Last edited by Random guy; 02 Apr 2020 at 12:29.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 11,977
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1826
       #2

    You'll generally get a better response if you provide the info you want others to respond to in your post rather than in some other website [particularly one that demands acceptance of their terms of use & their cookies]. So I urge you to post your picture here.

    Take a screenshot- TenForumsTutorialsTake a screen snip with Snip and Sketch - TenForumsTutorials
    Steps Recorder - TenForumsTutorials

    How to upload and post screenshots and files - TenForumsTutorials
    How to remove a screenshot or image from a TenForums post - TenForumsTutorials

    How to post a screenshot of Disk management - TenForumsTutorials

    Denis
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,604
    Win 10 home 20H2 19042.1110
       #3

    Did you change your language from English to Portugal?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 195
    Windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Try3 said:
    You'll generally get a better response if you provide the info you want others to respond to in your post rather than in some other website [particularly one that demands acceptance of their terms of use & their cookies]. So I urge you to post your picture here.

    Take a screenshot- TenForumsTutorialsTake a screen snip with Snip and Sketch - TenForumsTutorials
    Steps Recorder - TenForumsTutorials

    How to upload and post screenshots and files - TenForumsTutorials
    How to remove a screenshot or image from a TenForums post - TenForumsTutorials

    How to post a screenshot of Disk management - TenForumsTutorials

    Denis
    Here it is:

    Folder have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their n-hrbzhod.png

    Jacee said:
    Did you change your language from English to Portugal?
    No.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,977
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1826
       #5

    I've had a look around but cannot force mine to display that way. I can force mine to display in a similar way if I choose Show libraries [I don't normally use that setting and got there by right-clicking in a blank area of the Navigation pane].
    Folder have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their n-library-view-shows-type.png

    What happens if you use the View menu to change the view to Details or List?

    What happens if you work down to the folder concerned through C:\Users\%UserName% instead of, as I think you are currently doing, selecting a Library entry within ThisPC?

    Denis
    Last edited by Try3; 02 Apr 2020 at 13:52.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 195
    Windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Try3 said:
    I've had a look around but cannot force mine to display that way. I can force mine to display in a similar way if I choose Show libraries [I don't normally use that setting and got there by right-clicking in a blank area of the Navigation pane].
    Folder have "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") written below their n-library-view-shows-type.png

    What happens if you use the View menu to change the view to Details or List?

    What happens if you work down to the folder concerned through C:\Users\%UserName% instead of, as I think you are currently doing, selecting a Library entry within ThisPC?

    Denis
    If I change it to "Details" it still shows "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") below "Type" but I think that was already happening before this. If I change to "List" it looks like before.
    Last edited by Random guy; 02 Apr 2020 at 19:34.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 11,977
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1826
       #7

    Try3 said:
    What happens if you work down to the folder concerned through C:\Users\%UserName% instead of, as I think you are currently doing, selecting a Library entry within ThisPC?
    And this?

    Denis
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 195
    Windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Try3 said:
    And this?

    Denis
    The selected "types" in both locations are "Tiles" and I have this problem in both.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,977
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1826
       #9

    If I change it to "Details" it still shows "File folder" ("Pasta de ficheiros") below "Type"
    Yes, it would. You can use the List view if you do not want to see any further detailis.

    The selected "types" in both locations are "Tiles"
    It should be one location - I have merely suggested a different route to showing the same folder.
    Tiles is a view not a type but I imagine that was just a typo anyway.

    Denis
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 195
    Windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Try3 said:
    Yes, it would. You can use the List view if you do not want to see any further detailis.


    It should be one location - I have merely suggested a different route to showing the same folder.
    Tiles is a view not a type but I imagine that was just a typo anyway.

    Denis
    Yes, it's the same location, I mean. Yes, my mistake.

    EDIT: After doing a clean install I'm not having this issue.
    Last edited by Random guy; 07 Apr 2020 at 23:11.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums