PC Crashing multiple times a day

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #21

    See post #11.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #22

    PC Crashing multiple times a day-scan-disk-1.pngPC Crashing multiple times a day-scan-disk-2.png

    disk scan results

    I do not have the HD Tune results or RAM results to share but will take screenshots from now on of any new ones
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #23

    These tests / steps can be run overnight:

    a) HD Tune full error scan
    b) Sea Tools for windows long generic test
    c) RAM tests


    Run HD Tune (free version) (all drives)
    HD Tune website
    Post images into the thread for results on these tabs:
    a) Health
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan



    Run Sea Tools for Windows
    long generic test
    Post an image of the test result into the thread
    SeaTools for Windows |
    Seagate

    How to use SeaTools for Windows | Seagate Support US



    There are log collectors used in another Ten Forums room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #24

    PC Crashing multiple times a day-sys-integrity.png

    sfc /scnnow

    - - - Updated - - -

    dalchina said:
    Hi, welcome to tenforums.

    I suggest you start with basics:
    - check your disk: e.g. HDTune v2.55, Health and Error Scan tabs
    if ok run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    from an admin command or powershell prompt.

    Then if ok, similarly run
    SFC /SCANNOW

    If all ok, please perform a clean boot and see if you still have problems.

    Also perform a RAM check. (Tutorial available) (I think you've done that)

    You can try using this:
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

    Did you make any changes around the time this started?
    Are you overclocking?

    In a somewhat similar thread one user found their problems occurred because they had one particular program installed.

    Random problems may also occur if your PSU has a marginal voltage.

    Does it crash at all in Safe Mode?

    That's just for starters...
    SFC SCANNOW was also happy (screenshot attached in seperate reply sorry!)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #25

    When available update the progress with the steps in post #5.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 19
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #26

    zbook said:
    These tests / steps can be run overnight:

    a) HD Tune full error scan
    b) Sea Tools for windows long generic test
    c) RAM tests


    Run HD Tune (free version) (all drives)
    HD Tune website
    Post images into the thread for results on these tabs:
    a) Health
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan



    Run Sea Tools for Windows
    long generic test
    Post an image of the test result into the thread
    SeaTools for Windows |
    Seagate

    How to use SeaTools for Windows | Seagate Support US



    There are log collectors used in another Ten Forums room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions
    sorry i dont have the full error scan screenshots but here are the health and benchmark! (the full error scan had no damaged blocks on both storage devices)
    PC Crashing multiple times a day-seag_health_2.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC Crashing multiple times a day-crucial_bm.png   PC Crashing multiple times a day-crucial_health_1.png   PC Crashing multiple times a day-crucial_health_2.png   PC Crashing multiple times a day-seag_bm.png   PC Crashing multiple times a day-seag_health_1.png  

      My Computer


  7. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #27

    Please run the full error scan on each drive and post images into the thread.
    These can be performed overnight.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #28

    zbook said:
    Please run the full error scan on each drive and post images into the thread.
    These can be performed overnight.
    I have run these before and they both came back with no damaged error blocks- i just have no get the screenshots for this

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    These tests / steps can be run overnight:

    a) HD Tune full error scan
    b) Sea Tools for windows long generic test
    c) RAM tests


    Run HD Tune (free version) (all drives)
    HD Tune website
    Post images into the thread for results on these tabs:
    a) Health
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan



    Run Sea Tools for Windows
    long generic test
    Post an image of the test result into the thread
    SeaTools for Windows |
    Seagate

    How to use SeaTools for Windows | Seagate Support US



    There are log collectors used in another Ten Forums room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions
    Log collector results: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

    Currently running Long generic tests

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    If Windows version is 1903 then upgrade to 1909.
    If the Windows build is 18362.720 then it is up to date.


    If you follow the steps posted earlier by dalchina then select the steps in this post that were not already performed.


    Please perform the following steps:

    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    10) wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    11) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

    12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

    13) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting

    14) If the computer has Ccleaner (do not install the software if it is not already installed) > click windows tab or custom clean > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

    15) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    Carried out your steps (didn't do initial scan as that was carried out follow the initial post

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.720]
    (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1

    Image Version: 10.0.18362.720

    [==========================100.0%==========================] The component store is repairable.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1

    Image Version: 10.0.18362.720

    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannow

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1

    Image Version: 10.0.18362.720


    Error: 87

    The restorehealthsfc option is not recognized in this context.
    For more information, refer to the help.
    The scannow option is not recognized in this context.
    For more information, refer to the help.

    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> @AdvancedKeySettingsNotification.png]#
    'AdvancedKeySettingsNotification.png]#' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

    Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    780544 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    12443 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    2659 reparse records processed.
    1014430 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    2659 reparse records processed.

    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    116944 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    35104392 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

    731159464 KB total disk space.
    422949408 KB in 619226 files.
    355656 KB in 116945 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    916944 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    306937456 KB available on disk.

    4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    182789866 total allocation units on disk.
    76734364 allocation units available on disk.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    Updating property(s) of '\\DESKTOP-VRE10G9\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|C:\\WINDOWS|\\Device\\Harddisk0\\Partition2"'
    Property(s) update successful.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    Updating property(s) of '\\DESKTOP-VRE10G9\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|C:\\WINDOWS|\\Device\\Harddisk0\\Partition2"'
    Property(s) update successful.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    AutoReboot
    FALSE


    C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    DebugInfoType
    7


    C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

    RAM Defects
    -----------
    identifier {badmemory}

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    If Windows version is 1903 then upgrade to 1909.
    If the Windows build is 18362.720 then it is up to date.


    If you follow the steps posted earlier by dalchina then select the steps in this post that were not already performed.


    Please perform the following steps:

    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    10) wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    11) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

    12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

    13) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting

    14) If the computer has Ccleaner (do not install the software if it is not already installed) > click windows tab or custom clean > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

    15) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    system and advanced CCleaner screenshotPC Crashing multiple times a day-system-adavnced-ccleaner.png
    I had downloaded speccy for something else and already had speedfan so here is both
    Pretty sure that AUXTIN1 and 2 is incorrect PC Crashing multiple times a day-temps.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #29

    For Ccleaner uncheck:
    a) Memory Dumps
    b) Windows Log Files


    Run Memtest86 version 8.3 (or newer version if available) for four passes.
    Repeat the test so that eight passes are performed.

    Testing can take substantial time with 32 GB RAM.
    Start testing in the early evening and run overnight.

    MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    In case there are any problems uploading images use share links (one drive, drop box, or google drive)

    Memtest86 has a feature to produce a text report.
    Please post this in addition to the images.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #30

    zbook said:
    If Windows version is 1903 then upgrade to 1909.
    If the Windows build is 18362.720 then it is up to date.


    If you follow the steps posted earlier by dalchina then select the steps in this post that were not already performed.


    Please perform the following steps:

    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    10) wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    11) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

    12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

    13) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting

    14) If the computer has Ccleaner (do not install the software if it is not already installed) > click windows tab or custom clean > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

    15) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    Upgraded Windows Version, now on 1909 18363.720

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have not run the memtest yet as i needed to find a free memory stick (now how this)
    However when i logged on today i got a particular error which worried me
    also i took some screenshots of the bios advanced menu incase it helps

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums