Windows 10: Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    10 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows 10 is very very very dangerous


    I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's programs take many megabytes of space. For years I have not had a problem cloning my hard drives when I upgrade.

    After the installation the first thing that happened was I noticed the audio was not present and it said repaired automatically but it was not. The error KMode exception not handled RTKVAC appeared. The computer boots over and over again with this very dangerous problem. It is supposed to be related to the HD audio driver. I went into safe mode and deleted the audio from the device manager. Installed the latest realtek for Windows 10 and the same problem. This is supposed to be version R279. After that the same exact problem. No audio and restarts over and over.

    I find it hard to believe Microsoft does not know of this system problem.

    Anybody have this and solve it. Please answer if you have. No speculation please this just waste time and forum time. I appreciate any info from those who have solved this problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Aug 2015 #2

    What motherboard are you using?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       10 Aug 2015 #3

    dennisl said: View Post
    I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's programs take many megabytes of space. For years I have not had a problem cloning my hard drives when I upgrade.

    After the installation the first thing that happened was I noticed the audio was not present and it said repaired automatically but it was not. The error KMode exception not handled RTKVAC appeared. The computer boots over and over again with this very dangerous problem. It is supposed to be related to the HD audio driver. I went into safe mode and deleted the audio from the device manager. Installed the latest realtek for Windows 10 and the same problem. This is supposed to be version R279. After that the same exact problem. No audio and restarts over and over.

    I find it hard to believe Microsoft does not know of this system problem.

    Anybody have this and solve it. Please answer if you have. No speculation please this just waste time and forum time. I appreciate any info from those who have solved this problem.
    See if this helps:

    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Aug 2015 #4

    ComedyCarnage said: View Post
    What motherboard are you using?
    I don't know what the motheboard is. It is an hp elitebook 2540P with i7 intel and windows 7 ultimate installed. 160 gb ssd internal drive.

    Right now I am only interested in rolling back to windows 7 again but can't do it in restore with safe mode. In regular start up it keeps rebooting before I can get it to the mode of going back to the windows 7 system. I like the interface of win 10 but I do not need these kind of problems. I have no problems with 7 and literally hate win 8. So, I will stick to Win 7 ultimate. Never ever had a problem with it. I can clone it back to the 7 ultimate from another disk but I have some newer added programs so I want to see if I can roll back to windows 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Aug 2015 #5

    I rolled back to Win 7. You know it wasn't too many years ago when MS had this exact same problem with drivers not being compatible with upgrades. They should have learned something. No one should constantly have to go to compatibility mode unless they are running ancient software. I will wait until Windows 10 gets the bugs out. The problem I had as I researched said it was a common problem but is rather tedious to fix. I checked videos on youtube about it. To possible go to repair windows boot disk and re-enter your product number plus much more. Besides, this was a upgrade, there were no repair bootup disk or id. Good luck for those who are enjoying Windows 10. When a system works good it is great. A few problems though can make you really hate it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Aug 2015 #6

    dennisl said: View Post
    I rolled back to Win 7. You know it wasn't too many years ago when MS had this exact same problem with drivers not being compatible with upgrades. They should have learned something. No one should constantly have to go to compatibility mode unless they are running ancient software. I will wait until Windows 10 gets the bugs out. The problem I had as I researched said it was a common problem but is rather tedious to fix. I checked videos on youtube about it. To possible go to repair windows boot disk and re-enter your product number plus much more. Besides, this was a upgrade, there were no repair bootup disk or id. Good luck for those who are enjoying Windows 10. When a system works good it is great. A few problems though can make you really hate it.
    I agree, mine is stable but the first time it's not the windows 7 image is coming out, maybe try again in a cpl months see if they sorted your problems.

    Some people are completely screwed.

    Users should also make sure that they have a complete back up of their system before hand but most users are not really computer literate and have no idea what they are doing and just click upgrade.

    Microchit needs to take responsibility for that because in reality they came to you peddling their wares and not the other way around. I'm sure in the T&Cs you have no comeback, its like buying a DVD Player off the back of a lorry there is no warranty.

    I'm a big believer in that nothing is for free and If you don't back up your OS before the upgrade sometime in the future your gonna wish you had.
    Last edited by Bazz; 10 Aug 2015 at 20:34.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Aug 2015 #7

    dennisl said: View Post
    I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's programs take many megabytes of space. For years I have not had a problem cloning my hard drives when I upgrade.

    After the installation the first thing that happened was I noticed the audio was not present and it said repaired automatically but it was not. The error KMode exception not handled RTKVAC appeared. The computer boots over and over again with this very dangerous problem. It is supposed to be related to the HD audio driver. I went into safe mode and deleted the audio from the device manager. Installed the latest realtek for Windows 10 and the same problem. This is supposed to be version R279. After that the same exact problem. No audio and restarts over and over.

    I find it hard to believe Microsoft does not know of this system problem.

    Anybody have this and solve it. Please answer if you have. No speculation please this just waste time and forum time. I appreciate any info from those who have solved this problem.

    this is actually an intermitent issue on Windows 10, even since the preview build times.

    Try this, if your OS's Speaker Icon is visible, right click on it then select & click [Playback Devices], then click on your speaker,
    then click properties on the lower right.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	30403

    now, on the PropertyDialog->Advanced Tab, select a LOWER bit rate than your default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample.png 
Views:	609 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	30402

    for example your in 24bit-48000Hz, switch to a 16bit or a lower 24bit
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Aug 2015 #8

    dennisl said: View Post
    Right now I am only interested in rolling back to windows 7 again but can't do it in restore with safe mode.
    Did you make a system restore disk to go along with your backup image? You should be able to boot from that and restore the backup image.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Aug 2015 #9

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Did you make a system restore disk to go along with your backup image? You should be able to boot from that and restore the backup image.
    Now then that is a strange one because my upgrade disabled system restore and when system restore was disabled my rescue disk would not read system images.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Aug 2015 #10

    dennisl said: View Post
    I rolled back to Win 7. You know it wasn't too many years ago when MS had this exact same problem with drivers not being compatible with upgrades. They should have learned something. No one should constantly have to go to compatibility mode unless they are running ancient software. I will wait until Windows 10 gets the bugs out. The problem I had as I researched said it was a common problem but is rather tedious to fix. I checked videos on youtube about it. To possible go to repair windows boot disk and re-enter your product number plus much more. Besides, this was a upgrade, there were no repair bootup disk or id. Good luck for those who are enjoying Windows 10. When a system works good it is great. A few problems though can make you really hate it.
    So you do restored to Win7 with the "roll back" feature? Did this work well? I'm thinking about creating a bootable disc with some other tools. But if this "roll back" works perfectly, I won't bother doing that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
According to Cisco's Talos group scammers impersonating Microsoft have begun sending out emails informing individuals that they are eligible to upgrade to Windows 10. The email appears to come from an official Microsoft address,...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.
Find Us