What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,020
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572
       #1

    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?


    This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before:


    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?-image.png

    I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 100
    Window 11 Home 64bit
       #2

    Microsoft OneDrive - The check mark on green - These indicate the item will always be available to you, with or without internet connection.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,020
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572
    Thread Starter
       #3

    me75006 said:
    Microsoft OneDrive - The check mark on green - These indicate the item will always be available to you, with or without internet connection.
    So your saying that OneDrive caused these green check marks on all of my local drives ? I've had OneDrive for year and never seen these check marks ?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2
       #4

    me75006 said:
    Microsoft OneDrive - The check mark on green - These indicate the item will always be available to you, with or without internet connection.
    storageman said:
    So your saying that OneDrive caused these green check marks on all of my local drives ? I've had OneDrive for year and never seen these check marks ?
    Because that's not the answer. That while there may be green marks next to folders "in" OneDrive, doesn't mean they're placed next to actual drives... and especially if there are no files on the other drives associated with OneDrive.

    Anyway do you have any type of offsite backup program? Example: I run Carbonite Safe and for each drive that has files backed up there's a colored dot next to the drive, as well as every file backed up by Carbonite.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,525
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #5

    Do you have Hard Disk Sentential? Those icons look like their default drive icons which show they’re being monitored.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,254
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #6

    It's definitely not onedrive, but I think its another third party program. Might be an idea to look through your installed software in control panel.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,020
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Bastet said:
    Do you have Hard Disk Sentential? Those icons look like their default drive icons which show they’re being monitored.
    Yes I do have Hard Disk Sentienl. That has to be it. That's why my other Pro system doesn't have those green check marks.
    Case closed.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,525
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #8

    That explains it then. They look exactly the same as my C drive & I have sentinel.
    It can be turned off although I’d have to look at my version to check on how if you want to do so.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 264
    Windows 10
       #9

    bastet said:
    do you have hard disk sentential? Those icons look like their default drive icons which show they’re being monitored.
    bingo! The little space left indicator overlay is also a hint
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,020
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Bastet said:
    That explains it then. They look exactly the same as my C drive & I have sentinel.
    It can be turned off although I’d have to look at my version to check on how if you want to do so.

    Yes in configuration->Disk Control, there is a selection "Modify Default Icons" that is set by default. Turn it off and you get this:

    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?-image.png

    Again thanks for spotting it.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums