Career choices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #1

    Career choices


    I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any?

    Any comments or info would be helpful.
      My Computers

  2. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 8,348
    Mac OS Catalina
       #2

    Enlisted in the Navy. Worked on a lot of mechanical computer systems and the communications on board.
      My Computers

  3. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,259
    Windows 10 Home
       #3

    You had better do some investigation , Golden Dog.

    Talk to others in the the business you would like to enter.

    I think you will discover that college would be an overkill.

    Nonetheless, I wish you well.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    not looking to do anything military
      My Computers

  5. dmholt57's Avatar
    Posts : 14,556
    19042.867 Pro
       #5

    ...you want money, people have money, lots of people need to want to give you their money...
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Confusing but true
      My Computers

  7. SoFine409's Avatar
    Posts : 1,283
    Win10 Pro
       #7

    GoldenDog said:
    I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any?

    Any comments or info would be helpful.
    Maybe you could find a local computer shop that would let you work part-time just to see whats involved in making a business like this work.
      My Computers

  8. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,031
    windows 10
       #8

    There is not a lot of money in repair as such big money is in SQL admin as they make big bucks if a large company uses SQL database for their company and it goes down they loose a fortune hence often pay £70k
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    SoFine409 said:
    Maybe you could find a local computer shop that would let you work part-time just to see whats involved in making a business like this work.
    I had considered that and I think that is a good idea.
      My Computers

  10. SoFine409's Avatar
    Posts : 1,283
    Win10 Pro
       #10

    GoldenDog said:
    I had considered that and I think that is a good idea.
    I was offered a deal like that many years ago when I was studying Architecture. The owner of a firm offered me an apprenticeship, very low pay but with low expectations so I could learn and explore. I didnít accept it because I had a family to support but it would have been a great deal and who knows how things would have turned out. I became an Architect nonetheless so allís well that ends well as they say. Good luck on your voyage.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums