Windows 10: Accidently deleted the Photos app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2015 #1

    Accidently deleted the Photos app


    Hi, I seem to have deleted the photo app from the apps screen, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get it back, I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

    Cheers Shane.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,187
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       09 Aug 2015 #2

    click on the windows icon lower left ,go all apps, just below the power icon , ,its alphabetical ,so go to the P section, and its there ,just right click on it and pin to start
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Aug 2015 #3

    caperjack said: View Post
    click on the windows icon lower left ,go all apps, just below the power icon , ,its alphabetical ,so go to the P section, and its there ,just right click on it and pin to start
    No, it's not there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3
    Win10, Win8.1, MacOSX10.9, MacOSX10.6.8
       09 Aug 2015 #4

    Auskart said: View Post
    No, it's not there.
    That makes is seem like you uninstalled the app rather than just deleting its icon from the Start menu. If that is the case, simply launch the Store and search for "Photos". That will turn up a number of hits including "Microsoft Photos". The entry for "Microsoft Photos" will say "Installed" if it is really still on your computer or "Owned" if you've uninstalled it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Aug 2015 #5

    dwig said: View Post
    That makes is seem like you uninstalled the app rather than just deleting its icon from the Start menu. If that is the case, simply launch the Store and search for "Photos". That will turn up a number of hits including "Microsoft Photos". The entry for "Microsoft Photos" will say "Installed" if it is really still on your computer or "Owned" if you've uninstalled it.
    It tells me it is installed, do you know what folder it is kept in.
    When I try to re install it I get an error code 0x80070005.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,187
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       09 Aug 2015 #6

    not on win10 right now so i cant look to say for sure . so look for C:\Program files\windows apps
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,011
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       09 Aug 2015 #7

    Look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.803.16240.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    09 Aug 2015 #8

    What if you hit Start and type "Photos"?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Photos.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	30113
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Aug 2015 #9

    Type photos into search and see what shows up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,187
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       09 Aug 2015 #10

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    What if you hit Start and type "Photos"?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Search Photos.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	30113
    DoH!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I have got a lot of photos on my drive but since the upgrade from 8 to 10 they have gone, I am not very tech savvy but I can't seem to find them at all. I have gone through all of the photo folders and they all say they are empty. I did not...
Organising Photos in General Support
Within my pictures folder I have numerous sub folders, all full of jpegs, MP4, etc. I want all the files from all of the sub folders in a new "All Pictures" folder. Basically I want the files but not the folders before I start dealing with...
I accidently deleted one or two system fonts from the folder. Now there are some 'x' -buttons missing. Attached is an image to clarify things. Does anybody know by chance which font this is? 27479 Thanks in advance!
Accidently trashed BCD and resolution in Installation and Upgrade
I started with a dual-boot system: * Windows 7 Pro * Windows 8.1 Pro I upgraded to: * Windows 7 Pro * Windows 10 Pro I used EasyBCD to change the default O/S from Windows 10 to Windows 7. After that the boot menu was messed up. * Windows 7
Hi, just updated from w8.1 to W10. Photos & other files do not open in w10, what do I need to see most of my files? ....thanx .....nick
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.
Find Us