Windows 10: Welcome to TenForums

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,558
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       09 Aug 2015 #1

    Welcome to TenForums


    Welcome to TenForums!



    Take a couple minutes to introduce yourself, so we can say hello.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Aug 2015 #2

    I'll start..

    Jeff F here.. living in Oak Ridge TN.. born and raised in NJ. Went to college in Texas and worked for many years in Hartford CT.

    Now on disability and living a happy life with Erin and our cats(Scala and Siberian).

    Jobs:
    Computer programmer for over 20 years
    Factory Worker
    CNC operator

    Love guitars and music and doing jigsaw puzzles oh and coding.

    Peace
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       09 Aug 2015 #3

    Z here.

    Retired IBMer.
    Been working on computers in one form or another since 1971, main frame (360 Mod 50) in NY to PS/2 and OS/2 in Fl then diddled with Linux for awhile at IBM in Austin.

    Programmer for the last 15-20 years.
    Now happily retired with my wife, Grandson and cat in the sunny and oft wet Space Coast area of Fla.

    I've been fixing PCs for 20+ years and doing forum help for longer than that.

    Love computers and helping people.

    I run the computer repair shop at my church's thrift store and really enjoy turning frowns into grins when I can return a non-working computer to the owner in fully working condition as well as selling used computers at cheap prices to people who can't afford much.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    09 Aug 2015 #4

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Z here.

    Retired IBMer.
    Been working on computers in one form or another since 1971, main frame (360 Mod 50) in NY to PS/2 and OS/2 in Fl then diddled with Linux for awhile at IBM in Austin.

    Programmer for the last 15-20 years.
    Now happily retired with my wife, Grandson and cat in the sunny and oft wet Space Coast area of Fla.

    I've been fixing PCs for 20+ years and doing forum help for longer than that.

    Love computers and helping people.

    I run the computer repair shop at my church's thrift store and really enjoy turning frowns into grins when I can return a non-working computer to the owner in fully working condition as well as selling used computers at cheap prices to people who can't afford much.
    Very impressive.. IBM is a great company.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       09 Aug 2015 #5

    As long as it keeps paying my retirement I will agree it's a great company
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    09 Aug 2015 #6

    Ztruker said: View Post
    As long as it keeps paying my retirement I will agree it's a great company
    I can agree with that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Aug 2015 #7

    Lee here, graduate of Naval academy 1962, Standford 1974 (PH d Physics, and Marine Engineering, along with a Master in Computer sciences. Most of that no longer means anything because of three strokes in the past eight years; just don't remember 90% of that. Been working with computers for the purpose coding navigation systems, and targeting systems for naval vessels (all sizes). Didn't get into personal computers until 1970, Apple E computers. Retired OS6 after twenty-four years in the Navy. Will end with that, my brain is having problems putting things together. . .need a nap. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Aug 2015 #8

    Lee said: View Post
    Lee here, graduate of Naval academy 1962, Standford 1974 (PH d Physics, and Marine Engineering, along with a Master in Computer sciences. Most of that no longer means anything because of three strokes in the past eight years; just don't remember 90% of that. Been working with computers for the purpose coding navigation systems, and targeting systems for naval vessels (all sizes). Didn't get into personal computers until 1970, Apple E computers. Retired OS6 after twenty-four years in the Navy. Will end with that, my brain is having problems putting things together. . .need a nap. . .
    Oh WOW.. and thanks for your service.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       10 Aug 2015 #9

    Retired from AT&T, Lucent, Avaya. Worked in the past for EDS and The US Government. I have been fooling with PC's since ~1983. Learned on a Trash 80 Assembly and Basic language . That is when I decided software was not for me. I then got a Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology from Glendale Community College near Phoenix.
    @Lee thank you for your service.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Aug 2015 #10

    Gary said: View Post
    Retired from AT&T, Lucent, Avaya. Worked in the past for EDS and The US Government. I have been fooling with PC's since ~1983. Learned on a Trash 80 Assembly and Basic language . That is when I decided software was not for me. I then got a Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology from Glendale Community College near Phoenix.
    Interesting Gary!!
    Glad to know you a bit better..
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Like the question says.. why did you join?? Was it to learn about the new OS? Get help for an issue? Help out others with issues? To complain? Or a combination of the previously mentioned?? Me?? Why did I join?? Well,.. first I've been a ...
Grateful for TenForums in Chillout Room
I had to do a repair install of Windows 10, plus a reinstallation of some of the programs I also use. To make a long story short, I survived this massive headache with the help of tutorials here, and help from other forum members. I admit I have a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:57.
Find Us