Welcome to TenForums


  1. Posts : 12
    Win 10
       #961

    I'm new here because I have a problem I'm looking for an answer to. I do much more reading than commenting because I have a lot more learning to do than "teaching" or "helping". That said I am a retired mechanical engineer that began my career at General Dynamics and then move to a paper converting industry. The remainder of my working career was in process engineering and maintenance management for various plants and companies. Always seemed to be a bit ahead of the IT curve in those fields. Currently, my "job in retirement" as the video presenter at our local church. I have always meddled around with computers and try to help people that need help to the extent that I can give it.

    EJ
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #962

    Hi. New here.

    Question: how do you delete your account here on the forums in case you don't need it anymore? I've used the search function and it only shows me results on how to delete an account on Windows 10 OS, not here on the forums.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #963

    vasd said:
    Hi. New here.

    Question: how do you delete your account here on the forums in case you don't need it anymore? I've used the search function and it only shows me results on how to delete an account on Windows 10 OS, not here on the forums.
    Message @z3r010 he can do it for you.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #964

    EBCVidOp said:
    I'm new here because I have a problem I'm looking for an answer to. I do much more reading than commenting because I have a lot more learning to do than "teaching" or "helping". That said I am a retired mechanical engineer that began my career at General Dynamics and then move to a paper converting industry. The remainder of my working career was in process engineering and maintenance management for various plants and companies. Always seemed to be a bit ahead of the IT curve in those fields. Currently, my "job in retirement" as the video presenter at our local church. I have always meddled around with computers and try to help people that need help to the extent that I can give it.

    EJ
    Welcome to W10F, I'm in similar boat except I worked in automotive industry in Canada and USA.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro
       #965

    Hi I'm new here. Looking for help and hoping I can share some of my own knowledge. I hold a couple of Cisco, Microsoft and RedHat and CompTIA certs as well as a bachelor's in computer science (Sydney Uni).
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #966

    hashtag said:
    Hi I'm new here. Looking for help and hoping I can share some of my own knowledge. I hold a couple of Cisco, Microsoft and RedHat and CompTIA certs as well as a bachelor's in computer science (Sydney Uni).
    Welcome to W10f Mr #, it's nice to share knowledge around here.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5
    Win 10 Pro
       #967

    NW FL Rider


    Pretty sure I'm glad to have found this site. Such impressive talent with computing. I'll just say I'm trying to stay abreast with Tech. Computers have not changes so much other than digitization, Moor's Law and Code. However as a lay person who is interested in Tech, I'm the go to guy when computers go bad, hardware wise anyway. I'm retired, machining, tool mfg. primarily with repair work thrown in. My interests are varied, riding my motorbikes, camping in our little trailer. woodworking and watches/clocks. I have 3 laptops, all HP's. Two with Win 7 Pro and this one with 10 Pro. Hope to learn and expand my understanding of this operating system. Looks like I'm in the right place.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #968

    baggage1 said:
    Pretty sure I'm glad to have found this site. Such impressive talent with computing. I'll just say I'm trying to stay abreast with Tech. Computers have not changes so much other than digitization, Moor's Law and Code. However as a lay person who is interested in Tech, I'm the go to guy when computers go bad, hardware wise anyway. I'm retired, machining, tool mfg. primarily with repair work thrown in. My interests are varied, riding my motorbikes, camping in our little trailer. woodworking and watches/clocks. I have 3 laptops, all HP's. Two with Win 7 Pro and this one with 10 Pro. Hope to learn and expand my understanding of this operating system. Looks like I'm in the right place.
    Hi and welcome. Seems like we have very similar backgrounds and even interests. As you can see, shear number of various interests and backgrounds is what makes this forum so successful, just few days ago we reached million and half posts. Also look thru tutorials, few members like Kari made a great deal of them and our resident extraterrestrial, Brink doesn't miss a beat with various info.
    May I also recommend Win10.Guru as an extension couple of our most valued members started to present some more detailed topics that would otherwise get lost in shear number of topics started.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home
       #969

    Newbie


    Hello all.
    My name is Doris, I go by "Dori". I am not retired, have an AAS in Social Work. Currently not employed. I am a Mammie of 2 sweet kids, and married to a wonderful guy. I'm a do-it-yourself-er, make jewelry, lover of nature, & not loving my PC issues as of late...haha
    I'm glad to be here, and maybe some of what I've been experiencing can be resolved.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi, name is Doris, I go by "Dori". I've been having some PC issues as of late, and hope it can be resolved asap. I live in Kentucky, am married to a great guy, have some great kids between the two of us, and am a Mammie of 6! 4 in Pa, and 2 here. Have an AAS in Social Work (currently unemployed). I love to cook, make jewelry, hike, kayak, fish, and play around with my PC. Ready to learn more about computers and how to fix things myself. Looks like I'm in some good company with a lot of intelligent folks in here!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #970

    Hello Dori,, welcome to this great community (if I can call it that).
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums