Windows 10: Welcome to TenForums

Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 450
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
       18 Apr 2017 #771

    vbslim said: View Post
    Hello all, Just a old guy that needs help with windows now and again.
    Welcome to the forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Apr 2017 #772

    Retired...twice. Living in Pac/NW. Love rain. Born/raised in small farm town in Western NY. Navy/Viet Nam vet. Lived in L.A. for 30 years. Hated it. Weather & politics stunk. My son-in-law helped me build my current PC.
    I have a ?. How do I post a ? on the forum page? I am totally fed up with the Win10 updates. They change all my settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 29,546
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       25 Apr 2017 #773

    Jer6730 said: View Post
    Retired...twice. Living in Pac/NW. Love rain. Born/raised in small farm town in Western NY. Navy/Viet Nam vet. Lived in L.A. for 30 years. Hated it. Weather & politics stunk. My son-in-law helped me build my current PC.
    I have a ?. How do I post a ? on the forum page? I am totally fed up with the Win10 updates. They change all my settings.
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, Jer6730. Good for you on retirement and thanks for serving! My father, a brother, and a brother-in-law were Navy. I have a son now serving in the Navy oversees. The P NW is very nice country. Lived there for 4 years, but had to come back to roots.

    You may want to back up settings. The easiest way to find help first is to do a query here: Google Custom Search . It's a custom search for this forum. Take notice that there are different tabs to look through on the result page.

    Or you may pick a category here to post a question: Windows 10 Forums

    Hope that helps. Again, welcome. Enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by HippsieGypsie; 25 Apr 2017 at 08:00.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 12,869
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       25 Apr 2017 #774

    Welcome to Ten Forums new members hoping you all have a sparkly day
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 135
    Win 10 Pro x64 16257 Skippy
       25 Apr 2017 #775

    Also been retired...now 11 years. I use to be always up to date with the latest and greatest gear and software when I worked, but retired from that also. Now since everyone including Microsoft, my bank and Google are rejecting Vista systems (on two desk tops and one laptop) I ordered a 2 in 1 HP with Win 10 on it. Lots of catching up to do and feel this forum will help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 29,546
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       25 Apr 2017 #776

    Fisher Mann said: View Post
    Also been retired...now 11 years. I use to be always up to date with the latest and greatest gear and software when I worked, but retired from that also. Now since everyone including Microsoft, my bank and Google are rejecting Vista systems (on two desk tops and one laptop) I ordered a 2 in 1 HP with Win 10 on it. Lots of catching up to do and feel this forum will help.
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, Fisher Mann. Guaranteed you'll find plenty of help here. Enjoy your stay.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    26 Apr 2017 #777

    Hi. I'm a retired teacher and I'v been working with computers for many years. For a long I'v been ocupied in group of seniors that like to learn more about all the possibilities.
    I have installed W10 on an external disk on my W7 laptop. It works perfect, escept for when I open My computer I find the internal W7-disk as New volume (D), and when I open it I get WinToUSB and it ends there. I can not open any document that is stored on the W7-disk. Is there any way to open files on the W7-disk? I hope anyone have a solution to this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Apr 2017 #778

    Interesting talented group. I'm a retiree (semi-retired I call it) and a would be writer with some minor credits
    to my name. Spend a lot of time on the computer but for writing and research, not much of a techee. From Chicago but living in Durham NC.

    Look forward to our exchanges.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 29,546
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       26 Apr 2017 #779

    Rolf said: View Post
    Hi. I'm a retired teacher and I'v been working with computers for many years. For a long I'v been ocupied in group of seniors that like to learn more about all the possibilities.
    I have installed W10 on an external disk on my W7 laptop. It works perfect, escept for when I open My computer I find the internal W7-disk as New volume (D), and when I open it I get WinToUSB and it ends there. I can not open any document that is stored on the W7-disk. Is there any way to open files on the W7-disk? I hope anyone have a solution to this.
    Welcome to Windows TenForums, Rolf. Good to have you aboard.

    May be a laptop hardware architecture situation. You may want to post your question here for help: Installation and Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums. Click on the "+ Post New Thread" button.

    Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 29,546
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       26 Apr 2017 #780

    Hugheen said: View Post
    Interesting talented group. I'm a retiree (semi-retired I call it) and a would be writer with some minor credits to my name. Spend a lot of time on the computer but for writing and research, not much of a techee. From Chicago but living in Durham NC.
    Look forward to our exchanges.
    Hello, Hugheen. Welcome to Windows TenForums. Good to see that you've joined us.

    I'm a newly "semi-retiree from Chicagoland also, but I see you escaped. I'm out of here first chance I get too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Like the question says.. why did you join?? Was it to learn about the new OS? Get help for an issue? Help out others with issues? To complain? Or a combination of the previously mentioned?? Me?? Why did I join?? Well,.. first I've been a ...
Grateful for TenForums in Chillout Room
I had to do a repair install of Windows 10, plus a reinstallation of some of the programs I also use. To make a long story short, I survived this massive headache with the help of tutorials here, and help from other forum members. I admit I have a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12.
Find Us