Windows 10: Welcome to TenForums

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Aug 2015 #41

    Hi All
    Craig here...Recently joined the forum...I am a 65 year old retiree who lives in New York...
    I have been away from windows for a few years, mostly using linux (ubuntu) and never thought i'd come back but i put my windows 7 restore disc back on my toshiba 17" laptop (which i use as my desktop) upgraded and then did a clean install of windows 10 to take advantage of the free offer and find myself loving it...So, i think i am back on windows to stay now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 15,659
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       14 Aug 2015 #42

    Welcome to Ten Forums, Craig.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. HippsieGypsie's Avatar
    Posts : 22,142
    Tower: W8.1 Pro; Windows Phone 8
       14 Aug 2015 #43

    Hello. Craig. Welcome to Windows Ten Forums. Good to have you aboard.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 7,899
    Windows 10 Professional
       14 Aug 2015 #44

    Craig said: View Post
    Hi All
    Craig here...Recently joined the forum...I am a 65 year old retiree who lives in New York...
    I have been away from windows for a few years, mostly using linux (ubuntu) and never thought i'd come back but i put my windows 7 restore disc back on my toshiba 17" laptop (which i use as my desktop) upgraded and then did a clean install of windows 10 to take advantage of the free offer and find myself loving it...So, i think i am back on windows to stay now
    You made the right decision Craig!
    Welcome! Enjoy!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    14 Aug 2015 #45

    Thanks to all for the warm welcome...i will be around
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    15 Aug 2015 #46

    Hi Wylie Here.
    I'm in the UK.
    I have built a couple of PC's in my time, but not very experienced at it.
    currently running windows 7, on my home built PC.
    I'm looking for advise and insight into windows 10 before I upgrade.
    I think I will buy a new install instead of using the upgrade, as I think I will need to purchase at some stage if I rebuild or replace hard drive at any time after the first year, so nothing is really free is it.
    Also would love to try the Raspberry Pi version of Windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    15 Aug 2015 #47

    Craig said: View Post
    Hi All
    Craig here...Recently joined the forum...I am a 65 year old retiree who lives in New York...
    I have been away from windows for a few years, mostly using linux (ubuntu) and never thought i'd come back but i put my windows 7 restore disc back on my toshiba 17" laptop (which i use as my desktop) upgraded and then did a clean install of windows 10 to take advantage of the free offer and find myself loving it...So, i think i am back on windows to stay now
    wylie said: View Post
    Hi Wylie Here.
    I'm in the UK.
    I have built a couple of PC's in my time, but not very experienced at it.
    currently running windows 7, on my home built PC.
    I'm looking for advise and insight into windows 10 before I upgrade.
    I think I will buy a new install instead of using the upgrade, as I think I will need to purchase at some stage if I rebuild or replace hard drive at any time after the first year, so nothing is really free is it.
    Also would love to try the Raspberry Pi version of Windows 10.
    Welcome to the forums gents.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. iBawbag's Avatar
    Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Linux
       15 Aug 2015 #48

    Hi I`m James from Scotland. Recently joined the forum and really like it. 36 Years old with girlfriend, 4 cats and 8 Tarantulas.
    Previously I've been a PC repair technician, built lots of PC's in my time. Worked as an AutoCAD trainer in an Autodesk training centre about 13 years ago then moved to working for an architect.
    These days I`m a manager of a team of agents on a broadband tech support line for a large UK based ISP.
    Flight sims are my passion and aircraft. Wildlife and going on holiday.

    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    15 Aug 2015 #49

    iBawbag said: View Post
    Hi I`m James from Scotland. Recently joined the forum and really like it. 36 Years old with girlfriend, 4 cats and 8 Tarantulas.
    Previously I've been a PC repair technician, built lots of PC's in my time. Worked as an AutoCAD trainer in an Autodesk training centre about 13 years ago then moved to working for an architect.
    These days I`m a manager of a team of agents on a broadband tech support line for a large UK based ISP.
    Flight sims are my passion and aircraft. Wildlife and going on holiday.

    Cheers
    Pleased to meet you James.
    Erin and I have two cats.. Scala and Siberian.
    Jeff...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. HippsieGypsie's Avatar
    Posts : 22,142
    Tower: W8.1 Pro; Windows Phone 8
       15 Aug 2015 #50

    @iBawbag

    Hello, James. Welcome to the Forum. Good to have you aboard. That's quite the career you've had!

    I'm 64 years old with 8 girlfriends, 4 tarantulas, 1 cat, and don't know much about computers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Related Threads
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 here's the invitation to the Third Traditional TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 13th of June 2015. The TenForums.com is...
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 let's organize the Second Traditional* TenForums Saturday Live Chat! (* = pun intended ;)) this coming Saturday 30th of May 2015. ...
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 let's organize the First Traditional* TenForums Saturday Live Chat! (* = pun intended ;)) this coming Saturday 16th of May 2015. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums