Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Jan 2016 #401
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7, 8.1, 10

    Greetings and felicitations!

    I've been playing with computers since the early '80s. Learned FORTRAN, COBOL, and APL on a System/370, BASIC on a DEC-10 and a Commodore 64, RPG II on a System/34, RPG III on a System/36, and RPG IV on an AS/400. Then came Windows 95, 98, XP, and 7. Picked up a WalknBook with 10 around Christmas. My wife has an 8.1 desktop and a 10 laptop. Seven is my favorite - I love the Aero Glass look.

    Rob G
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Jan 2016 #402
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by rob118 View Post
    Greetings and felicitations!

    I've been playing with computers since the early '80s. Learned FORTRAN, COBOL, and APL on a System/370, BASIC on a DEC-10 and a Commodore 64, RPG II on a System/34, RPG III on a System/36, and RPG IV on an AS/400. Then came Windows 95, 98, XP, and 7. Picked up a WalknBook with 10 around Christmas. My wife has an 8.1 desktop and a 10 laptop. Seven is my favorite - I love the Aero Glass look.

    Rob G
    Hi Rob and welcome to the forums.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Jan 2016 #403
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rob118 View Post
    Greetings and felicitations!

    I've been playing with computers since the early '80s. Learned FORTRAN, COBOL, and APL on a System/370, BASIC on a DEC-10 and a Commodore 64, RPG II on a System/34, RPG III on a System/36, and RPG IV on an AS/400. Then came Windows 95, 98, XP, and 7. Picked up a WalknBook with 10 around Christmas. My wife has an 8.1 desktop and a 10 laptop. Seven is my favorite - I love the Aero Glass look.

    Rob G
    Hello, Rob. It's good to have you aboard. That's quite a background you have.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    24 Jan 2016 #404
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Georgia
    Posts : 810
    windows 10 home premium

    Hello rob118 Glad to have you join the forum it's a great Forum.Jerry
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Jan 2016 #405
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    England
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Home

    Hi everyone!

    I've ran into this forum a few times in the past, and decided to sign up. I live in the NW of England and I'm a Binge coffee drinker. :P
    I know my way around a PC from head to toe, Software and Hardware. I'm easy going and I'm usually hyper.

    Nice to meet y'all!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 Jan 2016 #406
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I've ran into this forum a few times in the past, and decided to sign up. I live in the NW of England and I'm a Binge coffee drinker. :P
    I know my way around a PC from head to toe, Software and Hardware. I'm easy going and I'm usually hyper.

    Nice to meet y'all!
    Hello, Myles. Welcome.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    31 Jan 2016 #407
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,559
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I've ran into this forum a few times in the past, and decided to sign up. I live in the NW of England and I'm a Binge coffee drinker. :P
    I know my way around a PC from head to toe, Software and Hardware. I'm easy going and I'm usually hyper.

    Nice to meet y'all!
    Hi welcome to ten forums
    I too am a binge coffee drinker
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    01 Feb 2016 #408
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I've ran into this forum a few times in the past, and decided to sign up. I live in the NW of England and I'm a Binge coffee drinker. :P
    I know my way around a PC from head to toe, Software and Hardware. I'm easy going and I'm usually hyper.

    Nice to meet y'all!
    Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Feb 2016 #409
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Pretoria South Africa
    Posts : 242
    Win 10 Pro Build 1703 15063.332

    Hi,

    I am relatively new to this forum as an active member but have been viewing the forum for quite a while.

    I am having a bit of a hassle trying to customise the forum to my style of working and cannot seem to find out how to:

    (1) Change the order of posts within a thread. I prefer to always see the latest post made at the top of the page and then work down the post until I feel I have seen enough.
    (2) When in a thread the top bar should show "Display Mode" on the RHS. I do not see that option, as it is quite useful at times to change from Linear mode to the others.

    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Geoff Daniell; 02 Feb 2016 at 06:14.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Feb 2016 #410
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Daniell View Post
    Hi,

    I am relatively new to this forum as an active member but have been viewing the forum for quite a while.

    I am having a bit of a hassle trying to customise the forum to my style of working and cannot seem to find out how to:

    (1) Change the order of posts within a thread. I prefer to always see the latest post made at the top of the page and then work down the post until I feel I have seen enough.
    (2) When in a thread the top bar should show "Display Mode" on the RHS. I do not see that option, as it is quite useful at times to change from Linear mode to the others.

    Thanks for the help.
    Hi there, Geoff Daniell. Belated welcome to the forum.

    Not altogether sure, but I think these options may be turned off.

    You may want to post your question here for better help: Site Bugs and Suggestions
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Why Did You Join tenforums.com?
Like the question says.. why did you join?? Was it to learn about the new OS? Get help for an issue? Help out others with issues? To complain? Or a combination of the previously mentioned?? Me?? Why did I join?? Well,.. first I've been a ...
Chillout Room
Grateful for TenForums
I had to do a repair install of Windows 10, plus a reinstallation of some of the programs I also use. To make a long story short, I survived this massive headache with the help of tutorials here, and help from other forum members. I admit I have a...
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums