Windows 10: Welcome to TenForums

Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Dec 2015 #341

    telepro21 said: View Post
    Hello everyone!

    Telepro21 here...

    Just wanted to provide a little background about myself. I am a telecommunications professional with 35 years experience in PBX, VoIP, radio, et cetera. Working currently as a Solution Architect at a major UC company headquartered here in the USA. I have been a Windows enthusiast since Windows 3.1.

    I actually Do use a MacBook Pro for work though...

    -Dan (Telepro21)
    Hi Dan.. welcome to the forums.. enjoy your stay.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 448
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
       22 Dec 2015 #342

    Hi. I'm Greg (in case you couldn't figure that out from my user name). I joined this site a little over a month ago, and I just discovered this thread yesterday.

    My first exposure to computers was when my dad occasionally took me to work when I was little. (I'm one of the few people under 60 who know what a 360 looks like.) Then in 11th grade I learned BASIC from the manual accompanying the Apple II Plus in the physics lab. I'm a bit behind the times now, because I was without a computer for about 11 years, and it's taking me a while to get caught up.

    Anyway, the people here have been doing an excellent job of giving me Windows advice, and an even better job of making me feel inadequate. (I'm desperately clinging to my 30 year old memories of helping my friends with their C-64 issues.) Yesterday, I added Lee to that list for two reasons, the second being that I've only had one stroke.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Dec 2015 #343

    gregyurkon said: View Post
    Hi. I'm Greg (in case you couldn't figure that out from my user name). I joined this site a little over a month ago, and I just discovered this thread yesterday.

    My first exposure to computers was when my dad occasionally took me to work when I was little. (I'm one of the few people under 60 who know what a 360 looks like.) Then in 11th grade I learned BASIC from the manual accompanying the Apple II Plus in the physics lab. I'm a bit behind the times now, because I was without a computer for about 11 years, and it's taking me a while to get caught up.

    Anyway, the people here have been doing an excellent job of giving me Windows advice, and an even better job of making me feel inadequate. (I'm desperately clinging to my 30 year old memories of helping my friends with their C-64 issues.) Yesterday, I added Lee to that list for two reasons, the second being that I've only had one stroke.
    So a welcome would be too late eh ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,018
    MS Windows 10 Pro - Perm Activation of 10585
       22 Dec 2015 #344

    Welcome to this Forum to all. You will find lots of good help here - if needed. all be safe.

    Cliff M.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,018
    MS Windows 10 Pro - Perm Activation of 10585
       23 Dec 2015 #345

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Interesting Gary!!
    Glad to know you a bit better..
    Jeff

    Gary best to you and welcome to this website.
    Cliff M.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,380
    Windows 10 64 bit
       24 Dec 2015 #346

    Welcome aboard to all new members, enjoy your stay here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 25,538
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       26 Dec 2015 #347

    gregyurkon said: View Post
    Hi. I'm Greg (in case you couldn't figure that out from my user name). I joined this site a little over a month ago, and I just discovered this thread yesterday.
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

    I really like your quote in your sig. That's a good one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    27 Dec 2015 #348

    A nice, mature community! Excellent.
    I'm here to soak up some knowledge with a taste for learning to nail, really nail the kinds of little problems that can make using the PC platform such a drag for me & the people I know. I'm tired of fuddling through contextual menus playing trial and error. Life is just too short for that, yeah? See you all around the threads...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,324
    Windows 10 Professional
       27 Dec 2015 #349

    lashropa said: View Post
    A nice, mature community! Excellent.
    I'm here to soak up some knowledge with a taste for learning to nail, really nail the kinds of little problems that can make using the PC platform such a drag for me & the people I know. I'm tired of fuddling through contextual menus playing trial and error. Life is just too short for that, yeah? See you all around the threads...
    Welcome aboard lashropa!
    Enjoy your stay.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 8,206
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       27 Dec 2015 #350

    Welcome lashropia and good luck figuring that out. Computers have Gremlins in them, so nailing things down is pretty hard.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Like the question says.. why did you join?? Was it to learn about the new OS? Get help for an issue? Help out others with issues? To complain? Or a combination of the previously mentioned?? Me?? Why did I join?? Well,.. first I've been a ...
Grateful for TenForums in Chillout Room
I had to do a repair install of Windows 10, plus a reinstallation of some of the programs I also use. To make a long story short, I survived this massive headache with the help of tutorials here, and help from other forum members. I admit I have a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.
Find Us