Welcome to TenForums

  1.    #1151

    caprice said: View Post
    Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply, I have just realised I should have gone to the DELL forum as it is the DELL manual that I want, please put it down to my advanced years but rest assured that I will continue with some basic questions, regards an embarrassed caprice.
    We all do things like that, I'm not a spring chicken either, 71. For all windows staff, there are tons of useful tutorials on W10 and everybody is ready to help. Enjoy your stay.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #1152

    Jim Wilson in Peoria AZ. Am old timer. Born NYC, college in NY. Worked at Bell Labs from 1951 to 1958. Moved to AZ in 1958 to get out of NYC area. Worked at GE Computer until they folded. Am retired.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,575
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #1153

    Druid said: View Post
    Jim Wilson in Peoria AZ. Am old timer. Born NYC, college in NY. Worked at Bell Labs from 1951 to 1958. Moved to AZ in 1958 to get out of NYC area. Worked at GE Computer until they folded. Am retired.
    Welcome Jim! Bell Labs during the toddler years and teen years of the transistor! Ever meet these guys?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-31_10h41_59.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	702.4 KB 
ID:	235676
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #1154

    Thank you.
    Never met the gentleman but fully aware of their earthshaking invention.
    I was at Labs in Manhattan and the discovery team worked in NJ labs.
    Best,
    Jim Wilson
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #1155

    Druid said: View Post
    Jim Wilson in Peoria AZ. Am old timer. Born NYC, college in NY. Worked at Bell Labs from 1951 to 1958. Moved to AZ in 1958 to get out of NYC area. Worked at GE Computer until they folded. Am retired.
    Hello, you are at tf10's house feel comfortable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version 1903
       #1156

    Hi guys from down under!

    Name's Craig, in my early 40's, bricklayer and completely and utterly technology inept hehe...
    That's what led me here, to find out info on how to sort my frustrating problem, the latest being not able to understand how to setup Comodo Firewall. ugh..! (I should prolly start a thread...)

    I (still) enjoy fast cars, building/restoring/riding bmx bikes, building, restoring, "playing" with RC cars, my dog, Dodge and my gorgeous partner that I've only recently re-connected with after 27 years! My first girlfriend...... **awwww**

    Anyways I'll do my best to not frustrate the experienced members with my ignorance and I'll do everything I can to efficiently use the "SEARCH" function

    Cheers for now,
    Craig.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7.    #1157

    CRACKLES4130 said: View Post
    Hi guys from down under!

    Name's Craig, in my early 40's, bricklayer and completely and utterly technology inept hehe...
    That's what led me here, to find out info on how to sort my frustrating problem, the latest being not able to understand how to setup Comodo Firewall. ugh..! (I should prolly start a thread...)

    I (still) enjoy fast cars, building/restoring/riding bmx bikes, building, restoring, "playing" with RC cars, my dog, Dodge and my gorgeous partner that I've only recently re-connected with after 27 years! My first girlfriend...... **awwww**

    Anyways I'll do my best to not frustrate the experienced members with my ignorance and I'll do everything I can to efficiently use the "SEARCH" function

    Cheers for now,
    Craig.
    Hi and welcome. Best tp start a thread at https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-...stem-security/ I'm sure there will be some that know such popular program.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version 1903
       #1158

    CountMike said: View Post
    Hi and welcome. Best tp start a thread at https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-...stem-security/ I'm sure there will be some that know such popular program.
    Hi Mike and thx for the tip!

    You won't believe this I just fired up the old girl and Comodo's boot-up scan has thrown a big, red flag!

    -- Abnormal System Settings

    --------- Modified Hosts

    (failed repair)

    I tell ya, this is the story of my life since last December. I think I'm getting somewhere then a whole new issue shows ffs.... :-(
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #1159

    CRACKLES4130 said: View Post
    Hi Mike and thx for the tip!

    You won't believe this I just fired up the old girl and Comodo's boot-up scan has thrown a big, red flag!

    -- Abnormal System Settings

    --------- Modified Hosts

    (failed repair)

    I tell ya, this is the story of my life since last December. I think I'm getting somewhere then a whole new issue shows ffs.... :-(
    You think you have problems, I purchased a new DELL laptop with W10, so far no problems with W10 but the touch pad on the laptop is ultra sensitive just hover the pointer over something and all hell brakes loose all settings are correct and unfortunately no fix in sight grrrr.
    Sorry Mods for deviating from Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version 1903
       #1160

    caprice said: View Post
    You think you have problems, I purchased a new DELL laptop with W10, so far no problems with W10 but the touch pad on the laptop is ultra sensitive just hover the pointer over something and all hell brakes loose all settings are correct and unfortunately no fix in sight grrrr.
    Sorry Mods for deviating from Windows.
    Haha Caprice I feel your pain man!! 😂
    My old Lenovo has touch-pad sensitivity adjustment settings which I found by accident but I'm glad I did! I was swiping things away and clicking buttons before they even showed on screen lol 😂

    Without sounding cruel it's somewhat comforting to know that there are others out there at war with their machines also.
    We're fighting our individual battles together 💪🏼🤘🏼

    Speaking of which, wtf is going on my drive just gained 20-gig this afternoon wow! I've only installed a handful of apps, too...

    It's 9pm here.....

    What's the odds of my Lenovo NOT learning to fly by midnight... 🤔
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Like the question says.. why did you join?? Was it to learn about the new OS? Get help for an issue? Help out others with issues? To complain? Or a combination of the previously mentioned?? Me?? Why did I join?? Well,.. first I've been a ...
Grateful for TenForums in Chillout Room
I had to do a repair install of Windows 10, plus a reinstallation of some of the programs I also use. To make a long story short, I survived this massive headache with the help of tutorials here, and help from other forum members. I admit I have a...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53.
Find Us