How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?


  1. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
       #1

    How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?


    OK, I've done the settings for the time & date. However, no matter how wide I make the Taskbar, the short form continues to be shown. In Windows 7, when the Taskbar was widened, the long form would be shown. Is there something I need to do here? Or is this YET ANOTHER BUG?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 386
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32
       #3

    No bug here! Just don't set the icons in the taskbar to "Small" and the time will display over the date, so both will show.
    Works for me, anyway.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    That webpage doesn't really help me unless I want to do a custom format for the short form that resembles the long form, but that would also eliminate the possibility of showing the short form!

    I'm not having the problem of the time & date not showing; they are showing as per the short form. The problem is that the long form does not show when the Taskbar is widened.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #5

    swampwiz said:
    That webpage doesn't really help me unless I want to do a custom format for the short form that resembles the long form, but that would also eliminate the possibility of showing the short form!

    I'm not having the problem of the time & date not showing; they are showing as per the short form. The problem is that the long form does not show when the Taskbar is widened.
    I don't think you can change the format of the date by adjusting the width of the task bar.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    In Windows 7, the Taskbar did change by widening it. Now I should say that I am talking about the Taskbar being oriented on a side, not the top/bottom. I tried orienting it on the bottom, an when widened, it would show the long form.

    I think this must be a bug that the testers just never got around to testing. I wonder how I can contact Microsoft to inform them of this bug?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #7

    swampwiz said:
    In Windows 7, the Taskbar did change by widening it. Now I should say that I am talking about the Taskbar being oriented on a side, not the top/bottom. I tried orienting it on the bottom, an when widened, it would show the long form.

    I think this must be a bug that the testers just never got around to testing. I wonder how I can contact Microsoft to inform them of this bug?
    Check out the Windows Feedback app found on the all apps part of the start menu.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 26,345
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #8

    Is this what you're looking for?

    At step 5 copy & past the long version into the short version's box.

    How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?-screenshot-8-.png
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 360
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #9

    Cliff S said:
    Is this what you're looking for?

    At step 5 copy & past the long version into the short version's box.

    How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?-screenshot-8-.png
    Good tip! Works for me.

    Now, is there a way to make it appear in Roman Numerals? What? No!! Cheap Microsoft!!! (Just kidding. )
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I know that simply replacing the format is a solution, but that would eliminate the ability to see the short version.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums