laptop doesnt boot automatically

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 39,970
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #21

    For Ccleaner uncheck:
    a) Memory dumps
    b) Windows log files

    chkdsk G:
    Code:
    Recovering orphaned file Radeon ReLive (407C) into directory file 7D0B.
      1 unindexed files recovered to original directory.
    Windows has made corrections to the file system.


    Chkdsk F: displayed cleaning

    Chkdsk C: no cleaning or problems detected

    Chkdsk P: displayed cleaning

    Chkdsk S: displayed cleaning

    Sea Tools long generic: SSD 860 EVO 250GB: Pass

    Sea Tools long generic: ST500LT012-9WS142: Pass

    HD Tune: ST500LT012-9WS142: Warning C4, Attention C7


    Some Samsung drives are supported with Samsung Magician which can check for updates and test performance.
    860 Evo was displayed as a supported drive.
    Run it (already installed) and post results into the thread: Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

    Run HD Sentinel: (free or trial edition)
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    Post images of each of these tabs into the thread:
    Overview tab
    Temperature
    SMART
    Disk performance


    Macrium is installed.
    Disk management disk 1 has windows 10 and backup images are likely being saved to disk 0.
    Disk 0 displayed the SMART problems.
    Some end users replace drives when there are SMART problems and others with backup images use the drive until the terminal event.
    Consider backing up folders and files on disk 0.

    What SMART Hard Disk Errors Actually Tell Us
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 78
    10pro 1909 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Hi,

    Expressing my thoughts below (i may be wrong !!!)
    The problem started after i wrongly cleaned my registry. Until then all was good. We are at present looking for Hardware issues, which i feel we must look at bootloader or boot related issues. Reason being that, the Hardware has remained the same without any issue for so many years and all of a sudden due to my registry cleaning actions, this problem has come.

    Please correct me on my thoughts.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39,970
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #23

    In the workup other problems can be found and troubleshooted.

    The direct cause of the automatic boot problem has not yet been clearly defined.
    As you commented it is likely modifications to the registry.

    If you perform registry cleaning Macrium should be a good backup option.
    In the future consider using Regback.
    It must be performed manually and in advance or before problems may occur.
    Then if there are problems there is an additional backup option:

    Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,301
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H2 19044.1526
       #24

    ram93 said:
    Hi,

    Expressing my thoughts below (i may be wrong !!!)
    The problem started after i wrongly cleaned my registry. Until then all was good. We are at present looking for Hardware issues, which i feel we must look at bootloader or boot related issues. Reason being that, the Hardware has remained the same without any issue for so many years and all of a sudden due to my registry cleaning actions, this problem has come.

    Please correct me on my thoughts.
    If this problem (though you should check the good advice given already)
    Is due to your messing up the registry, then a reinstall or reset should fix it.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 78
    10pro 1909 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Thread Starter
       #25

    zbook said:
    In the workup other problems can be found and troubleshooted.

    The direct cause of the automatic boot problem has not yet been clearly defined.
    As you commented it is likely modifications to the registry.

    If you perform registry cleaning Macrium should be a good backup option.
    In the future consider using Regback.
    It must be performed manually and in advance or before problems may occur.
    Then if there are problems there is an additional backup option:

    Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10
    I did backup the registry and also had a system restore point made.

    After i cleaned the registry, immediately on the next startup of laptop i noticed boot problem. Hence, i restored the registry and rechecked. The problem existed. Later, I did a system restore and again checked for boot problem. The boot problem continued to exist.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,301
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H2 19044.1526
       #26

    ram93 said:
    I did backup the registry and also had a system restore point made.

    After i cleaned the registry, immediately on the next startup of laptop i noticed boot problem. Hence, i restored the registry and rechecked. The problem existed. Later, I did a system restore and again checked for boot problem. The boot problem continued to exist.
    Then as described above you may be looking at hardware problems.
    time to heed the advice given.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 78
    10pro 1909 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Thread Starter
       #27

    thomaseg1 said:
    If this problem (though you should check the good advice given already)
    Is due to your messing up the registry, then a reinstall or reset should fix it.
    Hi,

    I will be following the advise. I wanted to know whether my thinking was correct on the issue. I am trying to avoid a reinstall/ reset because it will cause too much 'downtime' as laptop will be unusable without my required softwares and app. Going through again setting things up is a pain!!!.

    In macrium image, is it possible to restore only the boot partitions and leaving C drive as it is?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 39,970
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #28

    The BIOS boot time was 3 seconds and was in the normal range.

    When windows upgrades are performed they can fix registry problems.

    Plan to upgrade when 1909 is released and see if it fixes the boot problem.

    Macrium has a boot repair feature:
    Fix Boot Problems
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 78
    10pro 1909 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Thread Starter
       #29

    As Stev C suggested in his post in this thread, i tried using macrium usb to rectify the boot. Macrium does its job and still i see the same problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi,

    I just did a image restore using macrium (image is 1 month old) to the SSD and shocked to see the issue still exists!!!.
    Totally dont know what to do!!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi,
    When legacy option rom is enabled, the system automatically boots. No need for key press. Does this give any clue to the problem??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi,

    Removed the HDD from laptop and started laptop. I still need to press a key to boot into win10.
    Does this mean that problem is not in the HDD which showed errors earlier ??
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 39,970
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #30

    Check to see whether there are options on the computer for:
    a) hardware RAID
    b) software RAID
    c) use of Intel Rapid Storage Technology software
    d) dynamic storage acceleration
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums