Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

  1. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #71

    dalchina said:
    Video unavailable
    This video is private.

    Should be public now:
    YouTube
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 34,947
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #72

    I think you're faced with a basic hardware problem which needs expert investigation.

    You can try hitting ESC when that timer's counting down- it's not 100% clear what 'press ESC to boot' means... boot normally, or boot from selelcted boot source.

    But I still think that you need to solve the 2 beep problem before you can make progress.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #73

    dalchina said:
    I think you're faced with a basic hardware problem which needs expert investigation.

    You can try hitting ESC when that timer's counting down- it's not 100% clear what 'press ESC to boot' means... boot normally, or boot from selelcted boot source.

    But I still think that you need to solve the 2 beep problem before you can make progress.
    Ok, thank you. I wish I could remember when beeps began. I think the Blue Logo freeze started before beeps began being an issue.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #74

    Anyone want to talk to me about the Two Beep issue?

    My thought is, just buy one new RAM stick, see if the solves the problem.
    Would that even potentially work?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 34,947
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #75

    No guarantees if you read through info from links posted. Could be a mbo failure...

    Without professional help and a supply of spare good parts, at best you can try testing each RAM stick in different sockets to try to eliminate possibilities. But if you read what the 2 beeps might mean - have you done that? - could be something else.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #76

    dalchina said:
    No guarantees if you read through info from links posted. Could be a mbo failure...

    Without professional help and a supply of spare good parts, at best you can try testing each RAM stick in different sockets to try to eliminate possibilities. But if you read what the 2 beeps might mean - have you done that? - could be something else.
    Sorry, even if I read, i likely would not understand. My cheapest bet is to buy some RAM, and pay the restocking fee if it fails to solve the issue. I assume mbo means motherboard. Would the display of the F options even come up if the motherboard were dead?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 34,947
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #77

    Not a question of it being 'dead' - which it clearly isn't- but of whether there is a defective component or connector on it. That's what you'd find referred to if you troubled to read up on the two beeps - i.e. they can't be taken as soley and exclusively pointing to the RAM.

    You can - I think this was sugggested by zbook- if you have more than one stick of RAM try removing one stick and then booting and testing that. If that doesn't work, try the other stick, and so on - find ways to swap things round in an effort to find one configuration that works. The system is new, so it's unlilkely both sticks of RAM (assuming you have 2) would be faulty. But if it's a mbo problem, that's another matter entirely.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #78

    dalchina said:
    Not a question of it being 'dead' - which it clearly isn't- but of whether there is a defective component or connector on it. That's what you'd find referred to if you troubled to read up on the two beeps - i.e. they can't be taken as soley and exclusively pointing to the RAM.

    You can - I think this was sugggested by zbook- if you have more than one stick of RAM try removing one stick and then booting and testing that. If that doesn't work, try the other stick, and so on - find ways to swap things round in an effort to find one configuration that works. The system is new, so it's unlilkely both sticks of RAM (assuming you have 2) would be faulty. But if it's a mbo problem, that's another matter entirely.
    I apologize. I'm not lazy, just intimidated to read up.
    It came with only one RAM stick. As stated, will buy a new one, and see if that resolves the issue.
    Meanwhile, could this be a software issue that could be resolved by just reinstalling Win10?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 39,963
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #79

    The company had made suggestions.
    Follow up with them and report what you can and cannot do.
    They want you to test RAM and HD.
    Have them instruct you so you can follow their testing methods.

    Code:
    On Friday, October 4, 2019, 04:59:11 AM PDT, Shinobee USA <help@hmcw.de> wrote:
    
    
    Dear Customer,
    
    thank you for contacting us. We are sorry the item is causing trouble.
    
    Please tell us your Amazon order number and the 6 digit shipping number from the backside of
    the computer.
    
    Could you perfom a memory check with the following tool?
    
    "http://memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip"
    
    You need to extract the downloaded file and install it on a thumbdrive.
    Then boot from the thumbdrive by pressing one of the following keys F2,F8,F9,F10,F11,F12, DEL, Entf or
    Escape (different on any computer) and the analysis will start immediately.
    
    Once if finds errors you can cancel and send us a picture otherwise proceed with the error scan.
    
    Please also try to check the harddrive with
    "http://www.hdtune.com/files/hdtunepro_560_trial.exe"
    Please do not use the "Quickscan" use the "Normal Scan"
    This tool can be tested for 2 weeks for free.
    
    If errors are shown you can cancel as well otherwise complete the scan.
    
    After finishing the scan send us a screenshot/photo of "Error Scan" and "health"
    
    Best Regards,
    
    shinobee Customer Service
    
    
    Am 04.10.2019 um 12:34 schrieb Shinobee:
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 40
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #80

    zbook said:
    The company had made suggestions.
    Follow up with them and report what you can and cannot do.
    They want you to test RAM and HD.
    Have them instruct you so you can follow their testing methods.

    Code:
    On Friday, October 4, 2019, 04:59:11 AM PDT, Shinobee USA <help@hmcw.de> wrote:
    
    
    Dear Customer,
    
    thank you for contacting us. We are sorry the item is causing trouble.
    
    Please tell us your Amazon order number and the 6 digit shipping number from the backside of
    the computer.
    
    Could you perfom a memory check with the following tool?
    
    "http://memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip"
    
    You need to extract the downloaded file and install it on a thumbdrive.
    Then boot from the thumbdrive by pressing one of the following keys F2,F8,F9,F10,F11,F12, DEL, Entf or
    Escape (different on any computer) and the analysis will start immediately.
    
    Once if finds errors you can cancel and send us a picture otherwise proceed with the error scan.
    
    Please also try to check the harddrive with
    "http://www.hdtune.com/files/hdtunepro_560_trial.exe"
    Please do not use the "Quickscan" use the "Normal Scan"
    This tool can be tested for 2 weeks for free.
    
    If errors are shown you can cancel as well otherwise complete the scan.
    
    After finishing the scan send us a screenshot/photo of "Error Scan" and "health"
    
    Best Regards,
    
    shinobee Customer Service
    
    
    Am 04.10.2019 um 12:34 schrieb Shinobee:
    Thank you. As you can see in this thread, I posted the first test results, and it showed, I think, that both hard drives
    are perfectly fine.
    The other test, I think called Memtest86, I did not run, mostly because it takes days and days to run a full scan.
    Now, it is physically impossible to run Memtest86, or at least not possible to see results even if I did put in the Memtest disc.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums