windows 10 missing recovery partition

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 39
    windows 10 64bit
       #1

    windows 10 missing recovery partition


    Hi , yesterday i format my PC clean installation , i download from windows 10 the most update copy to my USB and i format , but in the disk management dont show the recovery partition (i know from the option of format in advanced where i delete partition and format and then clikc NEW next and say the message windows in order to work correctly ... need to create adition partition etc.. and only create the reserved one but no the recovery and then i try again delete partition format click new accept and create only the reserved partition so i guess well that is new maybe , then i install the windows , but i conserning about this if is a problem or is microsoft change and dont create anymore partiution recovery ?

    windows 10 missing recovery partition-partition.png

    i run in cmd sfc /scannow and dont found any problem windows 10 in the installation if this info help
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 212
    windows 10 pro build 21h2
       #2

    recovery partition is for when you want to restore laptop to factory settings. you dont need that. just format and clean install windows instead of doing a factory reset whenever you want to reinstall windows
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    cns00 said:
    recovery partition is for when you want to restore laptop to factory settings. you dont need that. just format and clean install windows instead of doing a factory reset whenever you want to reinstall windows
    well i always have desktop , never laptop and i format my computers like over 100 time in the past 10 years and i remember windows 7 and 10 ( i never use 8) , create partition called recovery when you install windows you press New - apply and then is when windows create partitions , so basically the partition recovery is for factory reset ? i always do clean install

    but here an example of what i mean

    windows 10 missing recovery partition-picture-2.pngwindows 10 missing recovery partition-picture-1.png

    other people clikc on next and dont press new (obiosly no matter beacuse windows make the partition automatically , but i pref to clikc step by step) and always when i install windows , i disconected all my sotrage HHD
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 212
    windows 10 pro build 21h2
       #4

    How to Create a Recovery Partition on Windows 10 is for creating a recovery partition. what that does is it saves the windows setup files into a partition. you dont need that because you already have the windows setup files on a flash usb or dvd

    i think my idea of recovery partition is different from your idea of recovery partition
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 39
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    cns00 said:
    How to Create a Recovery Partition on Windows 10 is for creating a recovery partition. what that does is it saves the windows setup files into a partition. you dont need that because you already have the windows setup files on a flash usb or dvd

    i think my idea of recovery partition is different from your idea of recovery partition
    yeap what you are link to me is how create a recovery windows , but what i talking about is when you are installing windows in the picture above , windows create reserved partition and recovery partition both small partition less than 1 gb each one , but when i install windows dont create the recovery partition only reserved , and i wondering if my windows wont work correctly beacuse is missing this recovery partition , you can see windows say

    to ensure that all windows features work correctly , windows may create additional partitions for system files
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #6

    Hi,
    That little partition you're referring to is a fat32 partition and is only created if the ssd or hdd is formatted to GPT and not MBR disk.
    Otherwise a MBR disk the installer will only create a single 450mb+- system reserved partition and C partition for windows.

    This is in the long run problematic because all these large builds like 1809/ 1903 and next up 1909 will create another 450mb+- system restore partition
    MBR format disks can only have four max
    So one has to delete other 450mb partitions update installer create otherwise future update builds will eventually fail with error because you've exceeded MBR disk partition amount total.

    Any other issues with MBR not really I prefer it but it does take a little manual maintenance because ms does not recycle 450mb system restore partitions it just creates more and more..... very inefficient and on a GPT disk becomes total clutter after a while
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 17,256
    Windows 11 Pro
       #7

    ThrashZone said:
    This is in the long run problematic because all these large builds like 1809/ 1903 and next up 1909 will create another 450mb+- system restore partition
    MBR format disks can only have four max
    So one has to delete other 450mb partitions update installer create otherwise future update builds will eventually fail with error because you've exceeded MBR disk partition amount total.
    This is not true. Future Windows 10 installs use the existing System Reserved partition if the disk is not wiped clean before the install.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,845
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       #8

    open "Command Prompt (Admin)" and type
    Code:
    reagentc /info
    post a screenshot of that Command Window
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 39
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    That little partition you're referring to is a fat32 partition and is only created if the ssd or hdd is formatted to GPT and not MBR disk.
    Otherwise a MBR disk the installer will only create a single 450mb+- system reserved partition and C partition for windows.
    well i do clean installation , btw using USB for frist time , usually i use dvd , but this my frist time formating / installation using this program Rufus for convert the usb into usb bootable
    and i do i wipe the ssd always before install windows i press New apply and next (all this before delete partition and format the entire ssd) , so the recovery i mention the small one , basically if windows dont create it , no necesary mean my windows dont work properly ?
      My Computer

  10.   My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums