how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 5
    W10
       #41

    Yes indeed.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 56,063
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #42

    TemporaryUser said:
    This is the default photos app in windows 10.

    The arrows not showing up is the symptom of the problem. The underlining issue is not being able to scroll through the rest of the images by clicking, scrolling, or using arrow keys. The app treats it like that image is the only file in the folder, despite there being more. No matter which photo you open within that file the problem persists.
    Yes, I know. My answer was for the default photos app. Clearly you have a bug/incorrect setting or broken setting for the app. Have you tried Repairing it? And as a last resort, Resetting it?

    how to click next to view pictures in a folder?-2020-12-27_08h59_56.png

    Reset App in Windows 10
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #43

    f14tomcat said:
    Yes, I know. My answer was for the default photos app. Clearly you have a bug/incorrect setting or broken setting for the app. Have you tried Repairing it? And as a last resort, Resetting it?
    I repaired and reset the app but I was still experiencing the same issue. However, I may have found some kind of solution.

    I created a 'new folder' and dropped the problem folder's contents into it. Then I deleted the problem folder and renamed the new one. I thought I still had issues after giving up, but several hours later none of them are acting up. Resetting the app might have helped since I feel I tried doing this before.

    I really don't understand why this happened or how come the circumstances had to be so specific.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 56,063
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #44

    TemporaryUser said:
    I repaired and reset the app but I was still experiencing the same issue. However, I may have found some kind of solution.

    I created a 'new folder' and dropped the problem folder's contents into it. Then I deleted the problem folder and renamed the new one. I thought I still had issues after giving up, but several hours later none of them are acting up. Resetting the app might have helped since I feel I tried doing this before.

    I really don't understand why this happened or how come the circumstances had to be so specific.
    Photos App is the largest (I believe) and can be the most finicky because it tries to do so much. Glad you got it, and hope it sticks this time. I know it's a little frustrating not knowing exactly what fixed it, been there many times.

    Cheers.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5
    W10
       #45

    TemporaryUser said:
    I repaired and reset the app but I was still experiencing the same issue. However, I may have found some kind of solution.

    I created a 'new folder' and dropped the problem folder's contents into it. Then I deleted the problem folder and renamed the new one. I thought I still had issues after giving up, but several hours later none of them are acting up. Resetting the app might have helped since I feel I tried doing this before.

    I really don't understand why this happened or how come the circumstances had to be so specific.
    But the problem was not just in one folder.
    I mostly use it for the Document folder, but when dumping pictures from gdrive, I unzip it to any new folder.
    I suspect file management problems. Maybe the app doesn't see the other files.
    The reason I am saying this is that I have an external drive, with indexing turned on, yet file manager refuse to search for anything.
    Having said all that I will try to reset the app, but as I don't know when or how this problems shows up again, we should keep this thread going :)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #46

    DecentUserName said:
    But the problem was not just in one folder.
    I mostly use it for the Document folder, but when dumping pictures from gdrive, I unzip it to any new folder.
    I suspect file management problems. Maybe the app doesn't see the other files.
    The reason I am saying this is that I have an external drive, with indexing turned on, yet file manager refuse to search for anything.
    My issue was also with multiple folders in the same directory. Out of the 50 artists folder I had at least 20 of them were bugged and varied when the folder name was changed. The unfortunate thing of having them all fix unexpectedly is I cant really find out what really caused the issue in the first place.
    All I had done that day was repair and reset photos app (problem still persisted) then remade the main folder and dragged all the other folders into it. My intention was to try and find a problem file but that didn't seem to be the case either.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #47

    From what I understand, that problem is the "Photos" app only offers the forward/back buttons when used in folders listed when you click "See all photos" > "Folders". If you launch Photos to view an image in or under one of those listed folders, then you get the option to browse.

    This is annoying and I've just reverted back to the Win7 photo viewer.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5
    W10
       #48

    luma said:
    From what I understand, that problem is the "Photos" app only offers the forward/back buttons when used in folders listed when you click "See all photos" > "Folders". If you launch Photos to view an image in or under one of those listed folders, then you get the option to browse.

    This is annoying and I've just reverted back to the Win7 photo viewer.
    I don't think this is the case as I only have a few folders under the "Folders" heading, but have no problem to scroll in a folder on the desktop.
    Edit: I don't know where "...click "See all photos" ..... is.
    how to click next to view pictures in a folder?-folder.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:03.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums