how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #31

    Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I don't see this information anywhere else:
    I've found using certain symbols, like (parentheses), on folders can cause the photos app to act up, however it's inconsistent. Images within file names like '(Folders)' or 'Fol(ders)' somewhere within the file chain makes the app not work properly sometimes. Removing the symbols to just 'Folders' correct this problem.
    I have used other symbols like Ω for organizational purposes and they seem to break the app as well. I haven't looked into what works and what doesn't, but this does seem to be the overall answer as to why you cant scroll through photos.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12,429
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #32

    Are you using the default Photos app? I still like the convenience of Windows Photo Viewer, has the forward and backward arrows.
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

    After you've opened an image do you get this arrow for the next?
    how to click next to view pictures in a folder?-image.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 41
    Win 10
       #33

    Not sure if this is solved or not.
    On my Win 10 system I have to place my mouse on the left or right side of the picture to get the arrow to show. If its the first picture in a folder only the right (Next) arrow shows up, and if its the last picture only the left (Previous) arrow shows up.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5
    W10
       #34

    Yeah, we are saying that the arrow will not be there even when it should.
    But thanks
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4,585
    Windows 10 Pro
       #35

    Majulook said:
    Not sure if this is solved or not.
    On my Win 10 system I have to place my mouse on the left or right side of the picture to get the arrow to show. If its the first picture in a folder only the right (Next) arrow shows up, and if its the last picture only the left (Previous) arrow shows up.
    Perfectly normal. You wouldn`t want an arrow showing up on your picture now would you
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #36

    DecentUserName said:
    Yeah, we are saying that the arrow will not be there even when it should.
    But thanks
    Mouse wheel should display next picture on down scroll, previous one on up scroll. Just a little of the wheel is sufficient.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #37

    f14tomcat said:
    Mouse wheel should display next picture on down scroll, previous one on up scroll. Just a little of the wheel is sufficient.
    This is the default photos app in windows 10.

    The arrows not showing up is the symptom of the problem. The underlining issue is not being able to scroll through the rest of the images by clicking, scrolling, or using arrow keys. The app treats it like that image is the only file in the folder, despite there being more. No matter which photo you open within that file the problem persists.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,644
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 21H2
       #38

    Have you Opened the folder, selected all the photos in the folder, Then right click the first one and choose Open? That's what I do, and it gives me the arrow. If I don't, If I just left click on a picture, it won't give me an arrow to view the other photos.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,604
    Win 10 home 20H2 19042.1110
       #39

    I'm using Windows Photo Viewer ... there is a bar on the bottom of the viewer that has an arrow to move to the next picture in the folder. how to click next to view pictures in a folder?-next-picture-arrow.jpg
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #40

    spunk said:
    Have you Opened the folder, selected all the photos in the folder, Then right click the first one and choose Open? That's what I do, and it gives me the arrow. If I don't, If I just left click on a picture, it won't give me an arrow to view the other photos.
    That does work, though I'm curious as to why this bug happens.

    In the image provided is two instances on the same file pathway but renamed:
    the first is C:\Users\Ivy\Pictures\.art\INKS\Charles Dana Gibson
    and the second C:\Users\Ivy\Pictures\art\INK\Charles Dana Gibson
    PrtScn doesn't capture my mouse, but it's hovering where the left arrow should be on both instances.
    I had to drop the period in art and the 's' in INK for it to actually work debunking my symbol theory.
    But dropping the first instance '.art\INKS\Charles Dana Gibson' onto the desktop works just fine.

    It's not a huge issue and I can just rename my files. I just wanted to give information to anyone that might stumble onto this thread as I had.how to click next to view pictures in a folder?-photo-copy.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums