Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up. Solved

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    08 Aug 2015 #21

    AMDISBETTER said: View Post
    Do you have an AMD GPU/CPU?
    My chipset is AMD but I have a Nvidia PCIE gfx card instaled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Aug 2015 #22

    Try turning off fast startup in Windows 10.

    Settings->System->Power and Sleep->Additional Power Settings->Choose what the power button does->Change settings that are currently unavailable->Uncheck the box next to Turn On Fast Startup->Save Changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 34
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       08 Aug 2015 #23

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Try turning off fast startup in Windows 10.

    Settings->System->Power and Sleep->Additional Power Settings->Choose what the power button does->Change settings that are currently unavailable->Uncheck the box next to Turn On Fast Startup->Save Changes.
    I'll have to try to see if this works later. Thank you for the help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 34
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       08 Aug 2015 #24

    sn00ker said: View Post
    take a look at this and go through it all and see if it might help

    Windows 10 TP wont shut down properly - Microsoft Community
    I turned off the fast start-up. Hopefully it will work. Thank you for the help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Aug 2015 #25

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Try turning off fast startup in Windows 10.

    Settings->System->Power and Sleep->Additional Power Settings->Choose what the power button does->Change settings that are currently unavailable->Uncheck the box next to Turn On Fast Startup->Save Changes.
    Yes I was going to get to that one however if I do a full shut down from the right click start button my monitor wouldn't come on at all for about 20 mins of trying to boot so I was thinking taking out fast start up may do the same thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Aug 2015 #26

    AMDISBETTER said: View Post
    I turned off the fast start-up. Hopefully it will work. Thank you for the help.
    Let me know if this works for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Aug 2015 #27

    here an youtube video to do as what NAVYLCDR mention

    How to fix windows 10 shut down problem - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 34
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       08 Aug 2015 #28

    Bazz said: View Post
    Let me know if this works for you.
    It booted without flaw. Thank you very much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 34
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       08 Aug 2015 #29

    sn00ker said: View Post
    here an youtube video to do as what NAVYLCDR mention

    How to fix windows 10 shut down problem - YouTube
    It booted without flaw. Thank you very much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Aug 2015 #30

    AMDISBETTER said: View Post
    It booted without flaw. Thank you very much.
    Yes disable fast boot fixed this for me also, although the PC takes no longer to start up. So fast start up seems to be useless anyway.
    Last edited by Bazz; 09 Aug 2015 at 02:05.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot in Performance & Maintenance
Hello, My Lenovo laptop is pretty fast at cold boot. It takes about 12 seconds from initial bios screen to desktop. On the other hand, warm boot is really slow. The same period takes about 51 seconds, involving a long black screen. ...
Hi just thought I woul post this as my previous thread may help someone AVG Windows 10 firewall blocks mail app from syncing!!! | AVG Dave
Solved Windows 10 no longer dual boots properly in Installation and Upgrade
Okay, I've clearly managed to mess something up, but here goes... Prior to a couple days ago, my system was setup in a dual boot configuration, with Windows 8.1 (not set as Default, but technically my "primary"), and the Windows 10 Technical...
Solved How to start an app at boot time? in Software and Apps
I have a need to start an app ( e.g. notepad) as soon as a certain account is used to boot Windows 10. Can it be done and if so how?
Just want to check something, I am running 8.1 and 10 in dual boot, but when the time comes to running 10 on it's own how do I get rid of the OS boot selection option at start up? I know that MSCONFIG has options but it will not allow me to set...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.
Find Us