Windows 10: Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes Solved

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Aug 2015 #11

    theVenerable said: View Post
    Sorry , but Your reply reminds me of the Linux users who make excuses for that worthless system too.

    Bottom line for me is simple:
    DOES IT WORK?
    CAN I USE IT FOR THE THINGS I WANT TO USE IT FOR?

    If the answer is no, then it shouldnt be released yet.

    My system has crashed so many timessince I installed Windows10. How is that acceptable in the real world?
    If Windows should be tested in 100% of combinations of HW and SW, it will be on beta phase for 100 years at least. I said, there are billions or more. Even OS X, which has much less combinations available, still has issues and bugs, and crashes.
    Also, Linux worthless OS? :facepalm: Did you know Linux is a KERNEL? and that you can compile that kernel for your EXACT hardware?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Aug 2015 #12

    poset said: View Post
    @Derek,

    How far is the 6.4 kernel from 6.3 or 6.2? It's the same driver model. The majority of changes are in the shell and API. Fact is, if you look at it from the insider perspective, the 'release' version has been cooked in a hurry, only to make it for the launch date. Thus the ingredients are not ripe enough to taste well.
    But Windows 10 also have many other new core features, right? Isn't just a new Kernel slapped on Win 7/8/8.1
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Aug 2015 #13

    Yes, Linux is worthless to me becasue I can't do anything with it.
    Ever tried Skype for Linux for example?
    It comically bad.

    Regarding all the other points and coments..
    Look guys, it's really simple.
    'DOES IT WORK PROPERLY?'

    If the answer is no, then what damn use is it to me?
    Microsfot came knocking on MY door offering me the free upgrade.
    I assumed is was ready for everyday use.

    I agree with a previous poster,
    Windows 7 is the best choice for a desktop pc or laptop.
    It's dedicated, smooth, totally reliable, looks good and is easy to use.

    Windows 10 needs loads more work, and I'm supposed to run it in a virtual machine until it works well?
    HA ha HA

    Silly joke

    I'll get back to the real world of productivity and reliability of Windows 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Aug 2015 #14

    theVenerable said: View Post
    Sorry , but Your reply reminds me of the Linux users who make excuses for that worthless system too.

    Bottom line for me is simple:
    DOES IT WORK?
    CAN I USE IT FOR THE THINGS I WANT TO USE IT FOR?

    If the answer is no, then it shouldnt be released yet.

    My system has crashed so many timessince I installed Windows10. How is that acceptable in the real world?
    Sorry but there's nothing wrong with using a Linux system. I dual boot Windows 10/Linux and they're both rock solid. Windows 95 was the first and worse version I've ever used but each version has got better and better stability wise.
    I hope you backed up your W7 system just in case.....
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Aug 2015 #15

    derek10 said: View Post
    If Windows should be tested in 100% of combinations of HW and SW, it will be on beta phase for 100 years at least.
    Then why does windows 7 work so well, after just a few years.. hell, perhaps even in its first year?

    Silly arguements circling round a blatant fact:
    MY NEW WINDOWS 10 KEEPS CRASHING AND WONT DISPLAY WELL.
    Microsoft offerd the damn thing to me, if it isnt ready, keep it to yourselves.

    Any questions or excuses?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    07 Aug 2015 #16

    poset said: View Post
    @Derek,

    How far is the 6.4 kernel from 6.3 or 6.2? It's the same driver model. The majority of changes are in the shell and API. Fact is, if you look at it from the insider perspective, the 'release' version has been cooked in a hurry, only to make it for the launch date. Thus the ingredients are not ripe enough to taste well.
    theVenerable said: View Post
    Then why does windows 7 work so well, after just a few years.. hell, perhaps even in its first year?

    Silly arguements circling round a blatant fact:
    MY NEW WINDOWS 10 KEEPS CRASHING AND WONT DISPLAY WELL.
    Microsoft offerd the damn thing to me, if it isnt ready, keep it to yourselves.

    Any questions or excuses?
    Windows 10 RTM was released days ago. There were countless issues with Win 7 (which is a refined Vista) ajust after its launch. More ranting?
    *Double facepalm*

    Also you should report to the manufacturers and Microsoft instead of ranting through a forum. It isn't going anywhere. Also did you bother to try a clean install? or Is too much for you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Aug 2015 #17

    theVenerable said: View Post
    Yes, Linux is worthless to me becasue I can't do anything with it.
    Ever tried Skype for Linux for example?
    It comically bad.
    You are a bit of this world, not the entire world xDDDD
    Just because Linux doesn't fullfill your needs, that doesn't make it "worthless" as you said. You should respect more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Aug 2015 #18

    Well, I hope that you don't have any issues going back to 7.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Aug 2015 #19

    Torquemada said: View Post
    Sorry but there's nothing wrong with using a Linux system..
    I was making a point.
    If you can't do what you want to dowith an OS, or your productivity is suffering, then why on earth would you use it or defend it?

    I don't care what anone says, Linux is a barren OS, with some very shoddy apps and softwares.
    Yes it srock solid, but whats the use.

    How many times:
    DOES IT WORK FOR ME?
    Thats the only thing that matters.

    Thats why Windows 7 is the best OS ever made
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       07 Aug 2015 #20

    poset said: View Post
    I am dual-booting between W7 and W10, both Pro-64. The longer I am using Windows 10 the more I am convinced that the "Best Windows Ever" slogan is just an empty babble. It is widely unstable. It fails to upgrade itself. It has been surprisingly stripped of many useful features. It makes users give up control over their systems and transfer it to MS.

    I remember when Windows 7 was launched. It might not have been perfect then, but it just worked. I have a four years old system, which I have never reinstalled nor refreshed and it still just works. It is rock solid and reliable. I would really like to tell the same about Windows 10, but it is not good enough yet. It requires plenty of attention to make it work the way I want it and it takes time. Time that is otherwise needed to earn money.

    Windows 7 is a workhorse. Windows 10 is a free toy. That's how I feel about it.
    poset said: View Post
    How far is the 6.4 kernel from 6.3 or 6.2? It's the same driver model. The majority of changes are in the shell and API. Fact is, if you look at it from the insider perspective, the 'release' version has been cooked in a hurry, only to make it for the launch date. Thus the ingredients are not ripe enough to taste well.


    I salute the Wisdom in poset's words, especially the bold-ed part!

    @theVenerable
    IF you wish to make your system work:
    1) Clean install the OS
    2) Read this thread

    Good luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I had reserved my copy of Win10, but then revoked the reservation as I want to control the download and installation my self. But even after I revoked the reservation, well before Win10 was release, my laptop still seems to have downloaded...
I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many...
I want to uninstall a driver, but as soon as windows is rebootet, it download and install a driver :mad: I want to install a driver that I do know work, but to do that, Windows own driver must be uninstalled. How can I avoid this?
Disclaimer: I know Windows 10 is a preview edition and I wasn't expecting a fully operational OS (though it seems to be one). I just was hoping installing it might solve some problems I've been experiencing since Win 8.1. Dear All, I've been...
Could not find it on this forum yet, so just FYI as it also may afflict Windows 10. I came across this article while reading about maintenance on Windows 8.x. why-windows-8-defragments-your-ssd-and-how-you-can-avoid-this It's an article...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:15.
Find Us