Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 41
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 10 Pro

    Windows 10 screwed my laptop hard..


    Im seriously desperate.. can anyone help me with my laptop which HAD windows 8 pro on it recently (2days ago) upgraded to windows 10 and it worked fine until it froze, which by then I was surfing online for about 3 hours, so I hell down the powerbutton so it shut down. The automatic repair failed several times and I tried every option there was on advanced settings, EVERY last one of them, didnt work. Now I recently ran the HARD DRIVE CHECK both the extensive and quick version, both said that the Smart check: Passed while the Short/Long DST: Failed
    My failure ID is QE6KL3-0007NT-XD6V7F-61E703.
    My laptop is a HP Elitebook 725 G2
    Anyone who knows what to do? I am so close to give up and scrap my laptop but it has so much files and work in it that took my such long time to do..
    I cant see the windows logo, the only thing I see is the Hp logo, after it fades the screen goes black and my laptop doesnt do a thing until like 5 seconds after that it resets and repeats, its like an evil cycle.
    MY LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN, HELP! - HP ELITEBOOK 725 G - YouTube heres what it looks like, I know this is annoying but I really need help :/

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    To be honest, a fresh re-install of Windows 10 is your best way forward.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    thomassimon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralle9 View Post
    Im seriously desperate.. can anyone help me with my laptop which HAD windows 8 pro on it recently (2days ago) upgraded to windows 10 and it worked fine until it froze, which by then I was surfing online for about 3 hours, so I hell down the powerbutton so it shut down. The automatic repair failed several times and I tried every option there was on advanced settings, EVERY last one of them, didnt work. Now I recently ran the HARD DRIVE CHECK both the extensive and quick version, both said that the Smart check: Passed while the Short/Long DST: Failed
    My failure ID is QE6KL3-0007NT-XD6V7F-61E703.
    My laptop is a HP Elitebook 725 G2
    Anyone who knows what to do? I am so close to give up and scrap my laptop but it has so much files and work in it that took my such long time to do..
    I cant see the windows logo, the only thing I see is the Hp logo, after it fades the screen goes black and my laptop doesnt do a thing until like 5 seconds after that it resets and repeats, its like an evil cycle.
    MY LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN, HELP! - HP ELITEBOOK 725 G - YouTube heres what it looks like, I know this is annoying but I really need help :/

    I made sure I did an image back up of my computer so if anything gets messed up I cam recover my system. From what you detailed about your system crash, it doesn't look good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 441
    Windows 10

    Hi

    If you have lots of files on there you need boot from a Linux CD and get them off before you reinstall.

    Regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 41
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Ive downloaded the windows 10 Iso into a flashdrive but since my laptop doesnt respond after I hit any button which it requests after I go into boot options and select the driver but since the windows logo does not appear so does not the Windows 10 Iso thingy..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Pro

    I don't understand Swedish, but the message you get looks like a No boot device.
    How did you download the iso exactly ? Did you just copy the file to the flash drive or made it bootable with the media creation tool ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 41
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by tomjsnj View Post
    I made sure I did an image back up of my computer so if anything gets messed up I cam recover my system. From what you detailed about your system crash, it doesn't look good.
    Yeah, i noticed, the bad thing about this laptop is also that it doesnt have a dvd inserter.. so the flashdrive with the windows 10 iso is my only hope I guess, even it doesnt help me so... yeah, basically im screwed.. I think..?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 41
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTod View Post
    I don't understand Swedish, but the message you get looks like a No boot device.
    How did you download the iso exactly ? Did you just copy the file to the flash drive or made it bootable with the media creation tool ?
    I just copied it from my other laptop, how do you mean about making it bootable with the meadia creation tool? Like burn it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 41
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Hi

    If you have lots of files on there you need boot from a Linux CD and get them off before you reinstall.

    Regards
    I dont really understand Linux, its to complicated and I havent been taught to use it so I dont understand, sorry, can you please explain?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 13
    10 (from 7)

    I have a similar situation after upgrading from W7 to 10. I have backups of W7 on DVD and image backup on an external HDD. But like you, I do not suppose I can get into the machine enough for the backups to be accessed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows Update screwed up my PC: Overclocking failed! (RAM)
My RAM is G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) As you can see, it is advertised as 1600MHz. A lot of people have been having problems about it being set to 1333MHz on the BIOS, so I had to specify...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Solved Upgrading SSD hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10
I have a laptop and a desktop with a 120 gig ssd and a 64 gig SSD respectively. Both computers have conventional hard drives as drive D. I have two 250 gig SSD's on the way. What is the best strategy for moving to the new SSD's and preforming the...
Installation and Upgrade
Copying hard disk driver from Windows 10 to Windows 7?
My laptop will boot both Windows 10 and Windows 7 from a Crucial SSD. Can I use the Windows 10 hard disk drivers with Windows 7? If so how would I set about installing them? I have a USB stick with Windows 10 build 10049. At the moment...
Drivers and Hardware
Cannot Remote From Win 10 Laptop into Win 8.1 Laptop
This is like an algebra question and I was never good at algebra. My Network in a nut shell Computer A - Windows 7 Professional Desktop Computer B - Windows 8.1 Laptop Computer C - Windows 10 Laptop build 9926 (looked for updates as I know...
Network and Sharing
Windows 10 TP Hiding Hard Drives?
Anyone having trouble with Build 10041 hiding Drives? 1552115522
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums