Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.

  1.    #1

    Lost access to Windows Setting Apps function.


    When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish...
    Running W10 x64 1903.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-24 075820.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	234819

    BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,468
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.529, 18898,18362.116
       #2

    Pulcinella said: View Post
    When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish...
    Running W10 x64 1903.
    BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore.
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,484
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #3

    In addition, it has been reported that there is another way to get to Apps that doesn't crash. I can confirm that it works when Settings > Apps doesn't.

    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 - post #2


    ...or just be patient. 10 minutes or so after booting Settings > Apps seems to have settled down and won't crash.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    @LEOPEVA64, @Bree.
    Thanks for the quick reply gentlemen.

    Bree, no wonder that "Patience is the virtue of the strong". Waited just a minutes or so before click on app and voila' all works fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,468
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.529, 18898,18362.116
       #5

    Pulcinella said: View Post
    When I click on Apps the all window simply vanish...
    Running W10 x64 1903.
    BTW It worked till few minutes ago when I used it to uninstall an app I did not need anymore.
    The fix has been back-ported to version 1903 (Release preview and slow ring for now):
    Cumulative Update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145 - May 24
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #6

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The fix has been back-ported to version 1903 (Release preview and slow ring for now):
    Cumulative Update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145 - May 24
    Thanks for the head up. I did upgrade on WU three days ago. Last update installed is KB4497932
    Till that update I'll delay clicking on Apps, not that I use that function much.

    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,783
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #7

    Pulcinella said: View Post
    Thanks for the head up. I did upgrade on WU three days ago. Last update installed is KB4497932
    Till that update I'll delay clicking on Apps, not that I use that function much.

    Cheers.
    Until the KB hits the public release, you may want to try the fix I posted here:

    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #8

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Until the KB hits the public release, you may want to try the fix I posted here:

    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
    @f14tomcat.

    Thanks, I bookmarked the fix you posted and give it a go. Just for the record it appears the issue is random, it does not happen all of the time.
    In any case good to have more than one solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I...
Unable to access apps & features setting or any of the settings under system.
Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest. I already...
I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. All was working fine. Now, I can't access the modern start screen, cortana or apps. The following things might have helped cause this: I changed my PCs name, I installed more ram, I created a local log in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.
Find Us