Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    06 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Auburn, NY
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaps13 View Post
    Eh, all I had to do was sign back into my Microsoft account, and I was able to save to the pictures folder, and then the steps you listed work fine, as for my other problems, I've found a workaround for my iTunes, and the crashing I'm just going to have to deal with and hope Microsoft patches it in the future.

    Glad you got most of the things to work now. Hopefully there will be fixes for your other problem in the near future. Now I wish I could find answers on a firefox message board, to why my firefox keeps crashing. This started before the windows upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ0872 View Post
    I did this .... "
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

    Repeat with all of the problematic folders. "

    If this doesn't help you, I hope someone, who knows what to do, answers really soon.
    I've done this multiple times. It works, but when I shut down and re-start I have to do it all over again. It won't save the settings. Like others here, my account settings show me as being the administrator but for some reason Win 10 doesn't believe it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Venezuela Caracas
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 home

    I cannot change to administrator rights


    I don't have any administrator accounts now, Microsoft told me to do a clean install, but i cannot create the usb boot or anything without the elevated rights
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Alboari View Post
    I don't have any administrator accounts now, Microsoft told me to do a clean install, but i cannot create the usb boot or anything without the elevated rights
    Hi,

    Are you able to create the bootable usb Win10 installation disk using somebody else's pc (friend/family/work etc)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Venezuela Caracas
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 home

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    Hi,

    Are you able to create the bootable usb Win10 installation disk using somebody else's pc (friend/family/work etc)?
    NO I am basically in the jungle over here. If I just could get that local passwddddddddd
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Colorado
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    I've done this multiple times. It works, but when I shut down and re-start I have to do it all over again. It won't save the settings. Like others here, my account settings show me as being the administrator but for some reason Win 10 doesn't believe it.
    @Daveb, exactly which folder(s) are you having this problem with. It might be helpful if we knew which folders to help with more suggestions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Sep 2015 #17
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ0872 View Post
    I did this .... "
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

    Repeat with all of the problematic folders. "

    If this doesn't help you, I hope someone, who knows what to do, answers really soon.
    I did this and it worked. I entered my hotmail account instead of my name. When I did the Check Name, it came right up and everything went as it should.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jan 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    How to Fix Administrator Rights or Access Privileges


    To Add Administrator Rights or Access Privileges

    How to do this
    Click on Windows icon on bottom left of screen,
    Click on File Explorer>, chose file or folder with files: for one file, highlight file, click on file for one file, or for multiple files click on first file and click shift key on last file to select multiple files.
    Right click to open Share With / Specific People, you will see box Choose People to Share With, Under Name Find Name of Owner, it will be highlighted in grey, if you have to choose make sure it has Read/Write chosen left click on Share Button, it will now open a box that shows your shared file, click on done.

    I have used this on PDF, Word, Excel, Quicken and Photo files with no problem and it stays fixed.

    I bought a new computer and transferred all of my files from the old computer running Windows 10 with a Western Digital backup to a new computer and I had this problem with every single file and picture. It really is a pain to fix every file, but it is an easy fix, just time consuming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Downloaded windows 10, no start menu
I got windows 10 yesterday, today I booted my PC up to find that the start screen isn't working and that the background is black. Also notification center won't start either.
General Support
how do i burn the windows 10 that was downloaded plzzz ty
how to burn windows 10 from being downloaded from windows
Installation and Upgrade
Failed Admin rights, Permissions and Security
Hi, I just upgraded my Win 7 Laptop to Win 10, but I seem to have lost my admin rights to certain folders and actions. I am getting "You don't have permission to save in this location" messages when trying to look at the Local Users and...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation
Hi All My PC has downloaded all of the Windows 10 installation files in the $Windows.~BT folder, but I have not had any installation notices. Does anybody know how to initiate the installation? I've read not to click the setup application in...
Installation and Upgrade
Blocked programs and not full administrator rights?
So both me and my friend upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, at first everything was going fine the OS worked perfectly and it felt very fluid however when we attempted to install or play certain games/programs we encountered that we were no...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums