Windows 10: Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional

  1.    05 Aug 2015 #1

    Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional


    The Win 10 'Start Button' has become semi functional.

    Running win 10 Home 4 Gigs Ram on a laptop with 2 Users.

    The 'Left' click function no longer works on just 1 of the Users. However, the 'Right' click function still is operational.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       05 Aug 2015 #2

    This was a problem for someone else, too. They resolved it by making a new account, transferring over the documents, and deleting the account that has the Start button issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    05 Aug 2015 #3

    You said: View Post
    This was a problem for someone else, too. They resolved it by making a new account, transferring over the documents, and deleting the account that has the Start button issue.
    It looks like this problem was caused by a registry cleaner.

    Auslogics Registry Cleaner was used and when the 'Restore' function was used cleared the problem.

    Still attempting to find the exact item that was cleared that caused the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    05 Aug 2015 #4

    Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional


    emeth said: View Post
    It looks like this problem was caused by a registry cleaner.

    Auslogics Registry Cleaner was used and when the 'Restore' function was used cleared the problem.

    Still attempting to find the exact item that was cleared that caused the problem.
    So far, out of 270+ registry problems after the upgrade, I believe that the culprit is one of the following registry keys:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reg prob start key.JPG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       05 Aug 2015 #5

    It's not a very good idea to use registry cleaners. They don't improve your performance in any way. Glad you sorted it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Aug 2015 #6

    You said: View Post
    It's not a very good idea to use registry cleaners. They don't improve your performance in any way. Glad you sorted it out.
    Thank 'You',

    I have found that clearing up .com and active X Registry problem does help and I have found this to be helpful since ths time of 98SE.

    If anyone can spot one of the above registry keys that they think might be the culprit, I will try to alert Asulogic.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
My Auto-Rotate button isn't fully functional in W10 RTM and was in W10 TP. In W10 RTM the Auto-Rotate button doesn't function when my 2-in-1 isn't rotated. In W10 TP the Auto-Rotate button functioned in whether rotated or not. Anyone observe...
Customization of the Start Menu (no tiles please) equals speed! As you can see I am using the classic theme in Windows 7. We professionals and powers users can customize the Start Menu in such a way that we can access the most important areas,...
Start Button on W8/8.1 in Chillout Room
There are many people saying they like Windows 8/8.1 but I am wondering how many of those people needed to hack the system and install a third party Start Button?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02.
Find Us