Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1

    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10


    Hello,

    My system unable to start in safe mode, but normal start works without any problem.

    whenever i try safe mode by selecting "4" screen take me to diagnosing system attempting repair loop every time.
    in last SRTTRAIL LOG Done.

    i tried all chkdsk, bootrec options... no help...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #2

    Hi, please post a screenshot of your partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard or similar (not Disk Management) making sure all text is visible.

    From an admin command prompt please run
    reagentc /info
    and post a screenshot of the result. (Shows status of your recovery partition).
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, please post a screenshot of your partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard or similar (not Disk Management) making sure all text is visible.

    From an admin command prompt please run
    reagentc /info
    and post a screenshot of the result. (Shows status of your recovery partition).
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post.
    Hello,

    as you wanted screenshot attachedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cmd_2019-03-05_01-11-45.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	226270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	partitionwizard_2019-03-05_01-15-46.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	226271
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    That's all ok as far as is shown, thanks.

    What is your Windows build? Windows key + r, winver

    Please check your disk before proceding further: download and install Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI.

    If ok, then run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    from an admin command or Powershell prompt and post the result.

    If ok, you can first try Startup repair from the advanced startup options. Then try to boot to Safe Mode again.
    That may or may not help.

    If not, try running
    SFC /SCANNOW
    from and admin command or powershell prompt and post the result.
    Then try to boot to Safe Mode again.


    If still no success, I suggest you try an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings.
    For that, you need an iso of the same build and base language as your installed OS (freely downloadable).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #5

    dalchina said: View Post
    That's all ok as far as is shown, thanks.

    What is your Windows build? Windows key + r, winver

    Please check your disk before proceding further: download and install Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI.

    If ok, then run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    from an admin command or Powershell prompt and post the result.

    If ok, you can first try Startup repair from the advanced startup options.
    That may or may not help.

    If not, I suggest you try an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings.
    For that, you need an iso of the same build and base language as your installed OS (freely downloadable).
    Check WinVersion Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winver_2019-03-05_01-33-23.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	226274 What happen suddenly windows not able to start in Safe-mode normal start working fine. Safe Mode take me to diagnosing Computer attempting repair
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #6

    What happen suddenly windows not able to start in Safe-mode normal start working fine. Safe Mode take me to diagnosing Computer attempting repair
    I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

    The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #7

    tushar said: View Post
    My system unable to start in safe mode, but normal start works without any problem.
    I met this behavior at 1809 version.

    Check your srttrail logfile. If it includes at the end something like

    Code:
    testing disk metadata ... completed successfully ... error code 0x32
    then use in-place upgrade using same version media to repair safe mode function; other troubleshooting methods seem to be useless.

    Btw error 0x32 means "the request is not supported" but there is zero documentation what "testing disk metadata" step does.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #8

    muchomurka said: View Post
    I met this behavior at 1809 version.

    Check your srttrail logfile. If it includes at the end something like

    Code:
    testing disk metadata ... completed successfully ... error code 0x32
    then use in-place upgrade using same version media to repair safe mode function; other troubleshooting methods seem to be useless.

    Btw error 0x32 means "the request is not supported" but there is zero documentation what "testing disk metadata" step does.
    Here is my LOG i did everything SFC commands nothing helped, one more problem im facing whenever i load NVIDIA graphic card Driver screen go "NO VIDEO INPUT" have to clean nvidia driver from system to use system.
    Code:
    Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log
    ---------------------------
    Number of repair attempts: 1
    
    Session details
    ---------------------------
    System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
    Windows directory = F:\Windows
    AutoChk Run = 0
    Number of root causes = 1
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: Check for updates
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 0 ms
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: System disk test
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 16 ms
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: Disk failure diagnosis
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 0 ms
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: Disk metadata test
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 0 ms
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: Target OS test
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 0 ms
    
    Test Performed: 
    ---------------------------
    Name: Volume content check
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0
    Time taken = 94 ms
    
    Root cause found: 
    ---------------------------
    The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair
    
    ---------------------------
    ---------------------------
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #9

    Different issue than mine. Maybe it can arise while os and recovery partitions are from different versions (wrong disk cloning, multiboot, restoring old image w/o recovery partition etc).

    Anyway, perform in-place upgrade and check safe mode after that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #10

    Please do the disk check items as a matter of course first.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
What Does Win10 Safe Mode Do? in General Support
I am curious about the exact workings of Safe Mode that a Registry Change made in Normal Mode doesn't seem to take effect on numerous Restarts until we Restart in Safe Mode ? I wonder just what is happening within the computer at such a time? ...
Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and...
Win10 dose not seem to us F8 anymore dunno if it ever did and I hesitate to do a few hard reboots in a row at restart to get it to come up, so how in the heck do you get into safemode?
I'm using an Alienware 17 with Windows 10 installed on the SSD and an HDD installed for storage. I was having problems with a key, so I set it to safe mode using msconfig. It booted when I restarted, but when I tried to log back in, it asks for a...
Hello World, I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's going on. I was having video issues, unable to run Sims 3 on my Windows 10 laptop (upgraded from...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.
Find Us