Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Jun 2016 #251
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    windows 10

    Where can I access AveYo's batch file?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Jun 2016 #252
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 34,906
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by ALBEGONE View Post
    Where can I access AveYo's batch file?
    That file has been removed, as it was causing some users more problems!!!!
    You could try a Repair install to fix your issue.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    17 Jul 2016 #253
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 20
    64 bit operating system

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdxn View Post
    Open command prompt

    To do this try doing the followimg:

    Press windows key and S and type cmd
    In command prompt type SFC /scannow

    Press enter and let it scan for missing or corrupt files and reboot when it finishes

    You could also try last known good configuration at boot up
    hey mate I was wondering if you could help me I tried doing what you said above and it keeps saying you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I checked in my settings to make sure that I was an administrator and I was...so the only thing I don't know is what they mean by running a console session.... if you could get back to me that would be unreal from lachlan
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Jul 2016 #254
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,436
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by lach222 View Post
    hey mate I was wondering if you could help me I tried doing what you said above and it keeps saying you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I checked in my settings to make sure that I was an administrator and I was...so the only thing I don't know is what they mean by running a console session.... if you could get back to me that would be unreal from lachlan
    It needs to be an Administrative Command Prompt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Jul 2016 #255
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 20
    64 bit operating system

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    It needs to be an Administrative Command Prompt.
    sorry mate I have no idea how to make it admin command prompt.....I can get into the command prompt and that's about it. if you could tell me what I need to do, it would be greatly appreciated from Lachlan. sorry for been such a pain

    all good mate I persisted and got it eventually cheers for that
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Jul 2016 #256

    Right click on the start menu


    Quote Originally Posted by lach222 View Post
    sorry mate I have no idea how to make it admin command prompt.....I can get into the command prompt and that's about it. if you could tell me what I need to do, it would be greatly appreciated from Lachlan. sorry for been such a pain

    all good mate I persisted and got it eventually cheers for that

    Select Command Prompt (Admin)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Jul 2016 #257
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 52
    Win10 Home v.1607 Build 14393.693

    For what it's worth, there's a lot of chatter in other forums that MS's Anniversary Update will resolve all these problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jul 2016 #258
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 20
    64 bit operating system

    ok so I have done this and it works for a couple of days then it goes back to its old ways and I cant open up the windows icon is their any way I can have it so I don't have to keep typing in sfc/scannow if you could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated yours sincerely
    Lachlan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdxn View Post
    Open command prompt

    To do this try doing the followimg:

    Press windows key and S and type cmd
    In command prompt type SFC /scannow

    Press enter and let it scan for missing or corrupt files and reboot when it finishes

    You could also try last known good configuration at boot up
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jul 2016 #259
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,436
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by lach222 View Post
    ok so I have done this and it works for a couple of days then it goes back to its old ways and I cant open up the windows icon is their any way I can have it so I don't have to keep typing in sfc/scannow if you could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated yours sincerely
    Lachlan
    Try installing Classic Shell, at least until the Anniversary Update starts rolling out on August 2nd. This problem has been fixed for Insiders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jul 2016 #260
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 20
    64 bit operating system

    thanks mate works like a dream
    Quote Originally Posted by njcomputermedic View Post
    Those steps work most of the time unless the original install files for the start menu are corrupted as well. If this does not work then sometimes a system restore fixes the issue. If that does not work then a clean install would be your only option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Start button not working, build 9926
Start button not working is a known problem and is supposed to be fixed by KB3034229. That update does not show in Windows Update. I also tried a direct download from ...
Windows Insider
Solved Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button
I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in...
General Support
Solved Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!
Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home (64bit) from Windows 7 Home (64bit). I am having problems that I cannot find a fix to in the common faults section. As in the title, my start button is not working. The action center, settings and...
Installation and Upgrade
How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?
Hello everyone, I need your help, I’m talking about the right edge of the taskbar, separated next to the time by a vertical line (in red in the image): 27079 It seems to be a desktop button, because clicking on it, hides all the open...
Customization
Solved Start button not working, not getting updates
I have 2 pcs with Windows 10. My Acer laptop is working fine at build 10130 but my custom desktop is causing problems. First the Start button and "Ask me anything" do not work. Clicking on the Start button does nothing, pressing the Start button on...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums